Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show us your rig!

[ QUOTE ]
    How does that Avatar compare tonally in the room and mic'd up to the Boogie??

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically use the Avatar for recording and the Mesa's for cranking except with the THD Flexi-50 (for whatever reasons the Avatar just doesn't work as well with this amp). My Avatar is the open back version with the G12H30/VIN30 setup. It does have a volume limits though and will not use it again for outdoor gigs. Mesa 3/4 Back 2X12's are just like tube amps... they sound better the more you turn them up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Hey MD, who modded your jcm800? And what did you have done? I noticed a knob added near the inputs.

Comment

So does any one use an ADA Mp-1? how do they sound? By the way, would a solid state power amp really ruin tone?
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hey MD, who modded your jcm800? And what did you have done? I noticed a knob added near the inputs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea who modded it. i bought it that way. the head was modded with an extra, switchable, all tube gain stage. there is an extra gain knob and a small toggle switch. a 4th preamp tube was installed also. it was pretty cool. whoever did it, did it well. with the switch down it was stock 800, flip it up it was very similar to having a OD pedal in fronts, but it still had the clarity of tube OD - not the slightly "blanketing" type of OD you get from a pedal.

it was a cool head.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            So does any one use an ADA Mp-1? how do they sound? By the way, would a solid state power amp really ruin tone?

[/ QUOTE ]

i use to use one. i got it sound like the guitars on bruce dickinson's "accident of birth". i intially used it with a valvestate 8080 power amp, but later switched to a peavey classic 50/50 and a rivera hammer 360 power amp. it sounded MUCH better with the tube power amps, but the tone wasn't awful with the valvestate. it was just better with the tube amps.

i liked it a lot, but i thought the cleans were weak, so i sold it.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Here is my main Marshall head (2203X) and cab. Along with my 2 favorite Jacksons.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Holy fucking shit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, I second that!! What's the back look like on that one? [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

my jam room:

the rig:

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

not my pic, but the bottom 2120 and crate are now mine (thanks moswhitz), and im running just those two through a marshall 1960a cab. I also have a peavey 5150 thats pushed with a fulltone fatboost.
                        www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

You are all basterds here, i'd die for half of teh stuff most of you have .lol

Comment

Hey Hyperfuzz , how does that LEgacy cabinet sound like , is it any good for metal? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the MP2 has more useable sounds and flexibility and much fatter sounding gain intensity. The possibilities it giver over the MP1 I think are worth the additional 100.00 you'll likely spend in getting one if you consider it.
                              MP-1 is a good basic preamp, very 80's.. but as mentioned has limitations...including a rather 'weak' sounding clean that needs to be offset in how you set parameters. Even the MP2 still has this same problem but the cleans are better soudning IMO. Overall the ADA does sound better with a tube amp IMO as well, especially with 6L6's but I have used it with a solid state. You get what you pay for, and for a 150.00 bucks you get a few useable tones that you can gig with and that is about it unless you start 'enhancing' it with outboard stuff.

Comment

loads of killer rigs here,and charvelguys gear is fucking outrageous!too many sweet axes and amps/cabs in one place.
                                My rack is similar to moswhitz's one-i have 2 digitech 2120's/podpro/soldano series 2 in one case that gets fed into the band PA(and sounds great)when i get some photo's i will upload to some site.Once again killer setups here lads,fucking amazing rigs by most here!!

Comment

Working...
                                X