Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korg Toneworks AX1500, anyone have any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg Toneworks AX1500, anyone have any experience?

I'm not sure if it belongs in this forum or not, but here goes.

I just play at home, mostly older rock stuff. I've been looking for a floor processor to give me some decent sounds for a while.

My son has had a GNX-4 for over a year and while it's nice I wanted something a litle simpler to use ( I'm older and prefer to twist a couple knobs). Plus I don't think my son uses a quater of the stuff the GNX-4 can do.

So, to my question. I've kinda settled on the Toneworks or the newer Zoom G7.1 something or the other. The Zoom model has a tube in it, so I would assume it probably sounds truer on amp settings, but it cost about $100 more ( I'm cheap). The zoom also looks like it would be harder to edit/set up new patches.

Any help would be appreciated, remember I only play at home for self enjoyment....oh yeah I'l be playing into a 60 watt behringer amp ( probably into the effects loop) and into a 120watt practice PA.

Thanks

Re: Korg Toneworks AX1500, anyone have any experience?

Boss GT-6/8 or POD XT Live.

Comment

I have always used Korg, I have used the ax30g since it came out in 95' or so. One of my old students is in Shadows Fall (jon Donais) and I programmed his ax30g with him at my house. He toured with Dimebag on his last tour and Dimebag called his tone 'Godly!'. I bought a ax1000g and didn't like it as much as the ax30g so I used it for direct recording before I sold it. I tried the new ax3000g last week and was floored! The distortions were awsome, I am buying one this week! My friend Joe bought the POD xt live and loves it so I would get to a big store and try some out!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

+1 for the korg. I got an ole ax1g lying around that I bought about 6 years ago. Even for a cheap unit, it sounded great.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Boss GT-6/8 or POD XT Live.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the part where he said he's cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          I've had an AX1500G for over two years and it's a good processor. I've used it in a band and at home (home only now) and I think you would be happy with it. The distortions are good and the effects are easy to adjust. I'm sure th Gt-8 and XTLive are better but they are twice as much.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

If he is cheap he should keep what he has. The AX1500 is pretty nice.

Comment

I don't think he has it yet. He's deciding between the AX and a Zoom. I would say go with the Korg, I've not heard good things about zoom stuff. The one thing off the top of head that annoys me about the AX is that there is a pedal to bank up but to bank down you have to press two together with your foot and it's easy to mess up.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I think the AX1500G is actually 4 Korg 411FX's ganged up in one board. I always thought the 411FX was a fine pedal.

Comment

The ax3000g is only 299, not much to pay for your sound.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I've had my AX1500G for a few years now. I've only used it at home, but it does the trick. If you're looking for a relatively cheap pedalboard with chicken head knobs to tweak your sounds on the fly, it's just the ticket.

The Boss GT boards are better, but dearer too.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I've had the AX1500G for coming on for 2 years now and it's great. I've used one in the studio direct into the desk in a last minute job for a friend (there was one in the studio) and I went and bought one. I use it at home, in the rehearsal studio and for live work. I just bought one for my son for Xmas too.
                      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Working...
                      X