Pod 2.0 or Pod XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod 2.0 or Pod XT

Just curious, which one do you guys like better?
    I own a Pod 2.0 and I have fiddled around with a Pod XT many times and I like the Pod 2.0 better. It sounds warmer for some reason.
    I just bought a longboard for my Pod 2.0. I really like that damn red bean. It sounds so friggin good through my powered computer speakers. I am even using it at band rehearsals now. That is why I bought the longboard for it.
    I actually use it more than my Vetta.
    My Soldano is in the recording studio in NJ where it will remain for the winter.
    So... Pod 2.0 or Pod XT and why?

Re: Pod 2.0 or Pod XT

Boy John, this has been rarely discussed... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like the POD 2.0 5 times as much, sounds WAY more organic to my ears. And youre right, i either play mine through my powered monitors, or through a very clean 62 bandmaster head a 4x12. I went through and sold 2 xt's (the second one due to Pete's clear preference, the XT), and go rid of both.

Just my opinion, now maybe an actual good guitar player can comment...

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Boy John, this has been rarely discussed... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like the POD 2.0 5 times as much, sounds WAY more organic to my ears. And youre right, i either play mine through my powered monitors, or through a very clean 62 bandmaster head a 4x12. I went through and sold 2 xt's (the second one due to Pete's clear preference, the XT), and go rid of both.

Just my opinion, now maybe an actual good guitar player can comment...

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have searched in the archives for the numerous posts on this subject but I'm just too lazy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I own both. I prefer the XT more options.

Comment

in studio i can't stop using the 2.0

live the XTL > boogie 50cal > marshall 4x12 or mesa vert 2x12.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I like the XT, but it's really easy to hang yourself with a bad tone. The 2.x Pods sounded great at damn near any setting, but you didn't get as much versatility. Now that I'm used to the XT, the 2.x versions sound like they have a blanket on them, no high end 'breathing' like the XTs.

Lot of people prefer the older Pods though, and Line6 still makes them. That says a lot right there.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I like the XT, but it's really easy to hang yourself with a bad tone. The 2.x Pods sounded great at damn near any setting, but you didn't get as much versatility. Now that I'm used to the XT, the 2.x versions sound like they have a blanket on them, no high end 'breathing' like the XTs.

Lot of people prefer the older Pods though, and Line6 still makes them. That says a lot right there.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

It also says alot about the XT that someone who can play like you do likes it...

Oh, Happy Birthday bitch...... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I prefer the pod sound pre XT-as others have mentioned it doesnt have the fx clout of later models but it is indeed more tubey sounding with pleasing warmth.Nothing realy wrong with the Xt apart from that slight digital colour to its tone from the extra fx muscles it flexes.Mind you i have one of the 1st rack mount pod pro's so perhaps there diferent tonaly to their kidney shaped 2,0 cousins?I have tried the XT in rack format to and noticed the digital tinge to the tone but its tweakable to sound great as many here have done with gentle fine tuning

Comment

XT because it's what I have, but I would love to try a 2.0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I prefer the pod sound pre XT-as others have mentioned it doesnt have the fx clout of later models but it is indeed more tubey sounding with pleasing warmth.Nothing realy wrong with the Xt apart from that slight digital colour to its tone from the extra fx muscles it flexes.Mind you i have one of the 1st rack mount pod pro's so perhaps there diferent tonaly to their kidney shaped 2,0 cousins?I have tried the XT in rack format to and noticed the digital tinge to the tone but its tweakable to sound great as many here have done with gentle fine tuning

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh those first rackmount ones they made with extra care, using nothing but the best software and IC chips to replicate those great amps. They also took there time on the production and i have even heard they are hand wired and that is what makes them sound so good (LOL) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now all joking aside, I own two pod 2.0's and one XT and to me I love the way the 2.0's sound. But to be honest I have not really taken the time to really sit down with the XT and tweak it to death, which is what I heard you needed to do with these.

Comment

Well,I just sold a V-amp pro and I think I'll buy a pod again...I wonder this very same question...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh those first rackmount ones they made with extra care, using nothing but the best software and IC chips to replicate those great amps. They also took there time on the production and i have even heard they are hand wired and that is what makes them sound so good (LOL) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now all joking aside, I own two pod 2.0's and one XT and to me I love the way the 2.0's sound. But to be honest I have not really taken the time to really sit down with the XT and tweak it to death, which is what I heard you needed to do with these.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...cles/line6.htm

seems it has better converters and other bitslike i thought

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...cles/line6.htm

seems it has better converters and other bitslike i thought

[/ QUOTE ]

For software wise only the digital conversion is better, however i have owned both and can tell you that i couldnt tell the difference, and i am a audio junky. If you read the story they are reviewing the rackmount version 2.0 to a pod 1.0 and even says in the story there is a 2.0 upgrade.

What it comes down too is if you are using it for a practice in the house get the original POD and it will do you and is ALOT cheaper. However if you plan on using it on the road in a live situation go with the pro.

Comment

I have a POD 2.0, only because I'm a cheap MoFo LOL!

Nice to know it's well liked - I should use it some day.

Comment

I had a 2.0 for over a year and it had some greats sounds. The only reason I sold it was because I couldn't get the same sounds to come out of an amp (only tried going into the front). I didn't try the effects loop and hadn't heard of the tech21 power engine or atomic reactor. Anyway, I'm sure the XT is more "tweakable" and has the USB but when I tried one at GC it sounded more "digital" to me. I think the 2.0 had better factory settings.
                              So my answer is 2.0!
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X