decent cheap distortion pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent cheap distortion pedal?

Hey guys looking for a cheap(50 or less) distortion pedal to rev up my amp at home. Play emg;s thru a fireball usually but I'm going to be playing at home a while ,line 6 and some jb;s which I don't like. I want the easy harmonics and some bass response. Asking too much? It would be played fairly low at home. I'm thinking a ds-1 only for price reasons. Anything better in that price range?

Re: decent cheap distortion pedal?

Get that Behringer X-V-amp, those are about $59 new (street price), and you get all sorts of distortion and effects, and a good sounding headphone out too. I've got one, and it's a pretty fun unit.

Comment

DOD grunge was a fav of mine for years! I played only metal through it though! Has plenty of bottom end!!
      I love admins!

Comment

for $50 you can get a Hughes and Kettner warp pedal. Fab distortion.

Comment

Bad Monkey.

Comment

i wouldn't recomment the dsl, sounds like crap to my ears. very harsh, and more of a rock distortion rather than a metal one.
            i own a digitech tonedriver overdrive, pretty good, very versatile, of course it's not a distortion but an overdrive unit, so the gain is limited, but based on that experience i'd definitely say check out the digitech stuff, especially in that price range they're hard to beat
            it's kinda noisy, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Bad Monkey.

[/ QUOTE ]
              + 1. Or the old DOD Juice Box, which is the same as the new Digitech Bad Monkey. I've got two of them, looking to sell the other if you're interested.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i like the warp pedal myself.
                for a crisp rock and roll distortion, i like the danelectro fab tone.

Comment

+1 on the warp pedal.

Comment

I have a Bad Monkey (among others) myself but, have been toying with the idea of getting the THREE new Danelectro Fab Distortion, Overdrive, & Metal pedals for $50 out the door total [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] The clips on their website sure sound good to me:

http://www.danelectro.com/fab1.htm
                    http://www.danelectro.com/fab2.htm
                    http://www.danelectro.com/fab3.htm
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

How bout those turbo rats? I read some good things ,I see them used for around 45 50 bucks?

Comment

Thanks Robotechnology I just ordered the fab distortion pedal. Its perfect for my at home low volume needs. I got it at music 123 and it was only 14.95 with free shipping! Doesn't get better then that. Thanks for the clips too .

Comment

I have a DS-1 and only ever use it running into an overdrive pedal. I cannot stand the soudn of it on its own, but running into say a TS-9 or a Drivetrain II it lets me get a great "This amps about to blow" tone.
                          Model 3
                          Model 5A
                          Model 3B
                          Journeyman
                          Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Working...
                          X