• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Testing Saturday

So Far I've spent time with

A Studio 22 with the EQ
    a F50

and a JCM900 TSL602 2x12 combo

The Marshall Hit everything, The Studio Wasdecent and I totally didn't care for the F50.

What sucks is the Marshall's at GC and it can't be released till Feb. 24th since they just got it in.

Gonna go play some more here in a few min.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Amp Testing Saturday

Here's the Same Amp for $1000 I can get the one at GC for $700

Marshall

Comment

cool!! get ready for all the TSL bashing to come!!! i do HATE the way GC holds stuff before they will sell it. just don't put it out until i can buy it, ya know!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Music6000 in Olympia has a really rough looking jcm800 1x12 combo (4210) for $399, I keep wanting to buy it but I've got too many amps....

Comment

K.

The BV120- Sucks

BUT

I tried a B-52 AT212- I really liked it. Anyone here own one or anything??

Comment

Have you played the 800?? I'm in Seattle so olympia is a 2 hour drive for me, don't wanna go down there for a bunk amp

Comment

I haven't tested it, I assumed it would sound like most jcm800s, and probably sound a bit small w/out a external cabinet. I know they check everything out, and did some work on it, so it should be in good working order.
              That's a really good store, and worth checking out even if you don't like that amp. They're not open Sundays, which is too bad.
              It's only a 1/2 hour from Tacoma, you must be way North Seattle?

Comment

I live right abouve Boeing feild. Looks Like I have a trip to olympia Saturday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Music6000 in Olympia has a really rough looking jcm800 1x12 combo (4210) for $399, I keep wanting to buy it but I've got too many amps....

[/ QUOTE ]

They dont have it on there webpage, but that is a damn good price if it works fine but just looks rough. They sell for about $600 to $700 on fleebay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    cool!! get ready for all the TSL bashing to come!!! i do HATE the way GC holds stuff before they will sell it. just don't put it out until i can buy it, ya know!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get the TSL do yourself a favor and buy a good fan and have it constantly blowing up into the amp. Good sounding amps, but overheat very easy. All the JCM2000's have this problem, and so do most of Marshalls Combo's.

Comment

They update their webpage about 2x a year! I was there on Thursday and it was still there. Just call ahead to be sure.
                      It'll only take you an hour from Boeing field, it's in North Oly/Lacy, right off I-5.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        K.

The BV120- Sucks

BUT

I tried a B-52 AT212- I really liked it. Anyone here own one or anything??

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I have a B-52 AT 212. I've had it since November.
                        I love it. I retubed it with high gain JJ's and run an MXR 10 EQ in the loop and it sounds absolutely killer.
                        I run it in stereo with my 5150 combo. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        pm me if you have any questions about it.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                        X