Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINE6 PODXT vs. rocktron Voodu Valve

In my opinion VV wins!

Both kinda similar in what they brign to the sound, very versatile, i liek the EQ in VV more! The Tube also does something with the sound...

What do you think?

Re: LINE6 PODXT vs. rocktron Voodu Valve

The Voodu Valve is a tube preamp while the Pod XT is a modeller. Kind of an odd comparision. I'd expect the XT to be compared to a GT-8 and a Voodu compared to a JMP-1 or Triaxis maybe???

Comment

how can you compare 2 different things? If you were comparing the Boss Gt-8 to the pod xt live then you have a comparision.

Comment

They are not the same technology. You can't compare them. One is a preamp. The other is a modeler.

Comment

ok guys i am sorry
          wont happen agian

Comment

so what do you run the pod XT in the chain?forst to pre-amp and then to the Line6?
            If so what pre-amp are you using?

I thought of comparing those to because they both have buit in effects!

Triaxis, and JMP, dont!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              They are not the same technology. You can't compare them. One is a preamp. The other is a modeler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can compare them.

They are both preamps with effects. Different technology yes, but yet the same thing. People compare tube amps with solid states, so I see no reason not to compare them.

The POD is more flexible, quieter, has lotsa good effects and is alive sounding.

The Voodu has a much more crushing sound for low end chug that a POD can't do. But, is a bit dead sounding. It has a seriously cool EQ setup that you can get lost in. Its effects are cool and are nicely guitar oriented. Phaser etc, , but I never used mine for effects as I had an Intellifex that was setup with my midi pedal already.

Having both units in a rack together would be cool. I like the Voodu Myself, it just sounds good to my ears. The POD is too digital. But certainly has its uses. ESPECIALLY for direct recording. It sound better for that by far.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can compare them.

They are both preamps with effects. Different technology yes, but yet the same thing. People compare tube amps with solid states, so I see no reason not to compare them.

The POD is more flexible, quieter, has lotsa good effects and is alive sounding.

The Voodu has a much more crushing sound for low end chug that a POD can't do. But, is a bit dead sounding. It has a seriously cool EQ setup that you can get lost in. Its effects are cool and are nicely guitar oriented. Phaser etc, , but I never used mine for effects as I had an Intellifex that was setup with my midi pedal already.

Having both units in a rack together would be cool. I like the Voodu Myself, it just sounds good to my ears. The POD is too digital. But certainly has its uses. ESPECIALLY for direct recording. It sound better for that by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche

Comment

I had both at the same time for a while. The VV sounds way better through a power amp. I have never been able to get my 2.0 or xt pods to sound good that way.

I could duplicate all my xt tones on the VV for direct recording. Things I didn't like about the VV was the eq and effects were a bitch to tweak (for me) and there is no good desktop patch editing utility.

One super cool feature on the VV is you can send one side to a power amp/speaker combo with the VV speaker emulator turned off, while having the other output speaker sim on.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                  X