JCM 800 1x12 Combo. I'm pulling the trigger on one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 800 1x12 Combo. I'm pulling the trigger on one

I need settings, What Cab I should get to give it HEad room and pedals to use.

Sounds I'm looking for is a EVH/Lynch type and Like Jake E Lee
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: JCM 800 1x12 Combo. I\'m pulling the trigger on one

Any 1960 should work great, Donnie. You may not even need a pedal, but an old SD1 should be fine. Can't help you with the settings cuz I like the old scooped thrash tone. My 4210 is hooked up to a Soldano 4x12 w/ V30s and I like the punch but gain-wise it's not at death metal level.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: JCM 800 1x12 Combo. I\'m pulling the trigger on one

Mid dimed, Low at 12-1 o'clcock. Treble at 9 o'clock max, of presence reduced with volume.

Pedal - I use an SD-1, but I'd lean on something with more hair on it for lynch/Jake.

Gain doesn't need to be higher than 7 or 8 tops for me.
      Over that doesn't make it more pleasant IMO.

I try for Accept metal heart tone and am fairly happy with my results.

Maybe try something like a modded DS-1 for the lynch/jake tone?

Which combo? I have a 4010 - single channel
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Re: JCM 800 1x12 Combo. I\'m pulling the trigger on

Comment

Analog Man modified SD1 OR the Zakk MXR OD. I've used both of these with my 800, either one will get you sorta close to EVH/Lynch tone (assuming you can play like them).

Bass at 9, mids at 6, treble at 6, presence at 3.

Comment

gain full
            bass full
            mid full
            treb off
            pres off

volume as loud as possible without sounding shitty. (hot plate it if you want to turn down.)i don't remember if it has a channel vol and a master volume or not. but if it has both play with them to balance your tone to taste. you know... power vs. pre.

your cab choice will colour your rig's ultimate voice. any of the marshall 4x12's will sound great with it. or a mixed cab. but eiter way, you can't go wrong with greenbacks, vin 30's, or gt75's.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

That will be a nice grab Donnie, congratulations.

Settings

= use your ears and set according to YOUR tastes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Some of the settings given here equal ass-sounding tone to my ears so just use your own set of ears and nevermind what other people say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like my JCM 800 2203 with the matching JCM800 cab w/ the stock G12T75's

Yep..Boss SD-1 (yellow one) in front, maybe even a Boss GE-7 for addtional tone tweakage
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

DOD 250 or YJM308 are other good choices to put in front of your JCM. Congratz.. its a great amp.

Comment

settings:
                  1) place the edge of your right hand over the top leftmost knob on the amp.

2) quickly move your hand to the right and run across all the knobs

3) repeat as necessary

for a pedal, get a tube screamer, boss OD, or the DOD 250. i've got a spare TS9DX if you want.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Have you tested it out yet?, or looking for setting to try it with?

Comment

I had them do a phone demo for me, sounded sweet. I get a 30 warranty on it so I'm not worried. I guess it came from ocean shores so that's why it's a little beat from the air in the bars there.

Now I need a cab and a pedal or 2

Comment

I didn't realize you got the combo version of the 2210.
                        You might want to hold up on a pedal. The 2210 has ALOT of gain. I didn't need a pedal when I had mine and I would think the 4210 is exactly the same.
                        You should be able to nail the Lynch/Jake tone with it stock. Just add a delay in the loop set at 420ms and for cabinets I would think a closed back 2 x 12 with Vin 30's would do nicely. Genz Benz makes a nice 2 x 12.

Comment

Every Marshall is so different, you'll have to dial one up. I've used an 800 100 watt head for about 15 years and I've noticed that other 800's all sound VERY different from mine. I guy I used to be in a band with had the same head and pedals as me but his head was totally different sounding. I use a floor multi effect unit and I plug into the low input. I use a Korg ax30g which has an analog distortion and digital effects. I just bought the ax3000g but I haven't tried it yet(my rig is at the space in CT.). This works well and keeps the amps flavor by going into the preamp instead of the effects loop. The great thing about the 800's is the throat it gets(Reign in blood) and if you get tired of your sound you can get a new pedal instead of a new head! I am rethinking the whole cabinet thing right now, I've always used a Marshall 4x12 but I borrowed a cab at a show made by VHT and was floored by how much better my sound was. Really tight and a little dark sounding, perfectly tuned for high gain rigs. He told me the cost around a $1000 but damn, I'm still thinking.........a 2x12 would sound good with some 25 or 35 watters in it. I have another friend who has an 800 100 watt combo and is getting rid of his 4x12 in favor of a 2x12. Nice score man!
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Every Marshall is so different, you'll have to dial one up. I've used an 800 100 watt head for about 15 years and I've noticed that other 800's all sound VERY different from mine. I guy I used to be in a band with had the same head and pedals as me but his head was totally different sounding. I use a floor multi effect unit and I plug into the low input. I use a Korg ax30g which has an analog distortion and digital effects. I just bought the ax3000g but I haven't tried it yet(my rig is at the space in CT.). This works well and keeps the amps flavor by going into the preamp instead of the effects loop. The great thing about the 800's is the throat it gets(Reign in blood) and if you get tired of your sound you can get a new pedal instead of a new head! I am rethinking the whole cabinet thing right now, I've always used a Marshall 4x12 but I borrowed a cab at a show made by VHT and was floored by how much better my sound was. Really tight and a little dark sounding, perfectly tuned for high gain rigs. He told me the cost around a $1000 but damn, I'm still thinking.........a 2x12 would sound good with some 25 or 35 watters in it. I have another friend who has an 800 100 watt combo and is getting rid of his 4x12 in favor of a 2x12. Nice score man!

[/ QUOTE ]

2210's and 4210's all sound pretty much the same. GOOD.

Comment

I'll have it at my door step tomorrow for $459 and that's with tax.

I was thinking the gb 2X12 or an avatar maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X