are duncan performer's worth 29.99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are duncan performer's worth 29.99?

anyone use/heard these pups? guitar center is selling them at that price. will i hear a differance over my dk2 "duncan designed" pups? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: are duncan performer\'s worth 29.99?

They are the retail versions of the Duncan Designed OEM pickups. Other than maybe getting a different sound from a different model, I can't see them being worth the money when you can get a used "real" Duncan for not much more.
    sigpic

Comment

+1. Duncan Performers and Duncan Designed are the same pickups.

Comment

Damn-I wanted to sell you my Duncan Designed pickups for that price LOL!

What pickup are you looking for in your DK2? I (ducking bottles being thrown) really like the HB102B in there right now. I bought a TB4, stuck it into another axe, a/b'd the two - and couldn't tell enough of a difference to justify the $50 for the TB4, so I sold it. Some guy was selling TB4's for $30 shipped - at that price, I'd do the swap just for the "piece of mind" LOL!!!

Comment

thinking about pearly gates (now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) or something like that. buying a 06 dk2 with "real" duncans, so i'll upgrade my experienced dk2 to keep up with the 06. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

If you want to be a cheapo, try the GFS pickups that they sell certain places.

Comment

Working...
            X