Soldano SP-77/Carvin T100 review.. UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soldano SP-77/Carvin T100 review.. UPDATE

fragle/the pods modern high gain 5B soldano preset was always the tone i used-didnt even mess around with the EQ,i played it as the factory dialed it themself.The sp77 is a tamer better sounding version,the chord voicings breath more and it seems(imo)to be a fuller sound with more warmth.When i A/B them in the same rack on the same equipment the SP77 wins easily with a better tone.Its not perfect as it could do with more gain-but the older i get the less gain i use so it doesnt bother me like it would have done a few years back

Comment

I think the Soldano stuff is great . Just got a Decatone last week and love it . The crunch channel is my favourite although the "clean" can do a great overdrive with a fatboost in front and the gain at 3 o'clock . Each channel has it's own vibe going on .
      The SP-77s seem like nice preamps also .

Mark
      Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Well Mr.Jg cable, it's good to finally see you out of the amp of the month club and finally stick to something that you actualy like. L.O.L. I've been tweekin the vettaII to almost perfection and the sound is scary. Mixing an engl with a diezel herbert with deep editing capabilities I can honestly say after 28 years of amp crap I can too be happy and tubeless at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Soldano rack cost me a crap load of money but it is worth every penny. I use it in Aftermath (Joe's band out of New Jersey). We are recording a new CD at the moment.
        The Vetta is just SICK. I have it set up so slick. The FBV Longboard is a must.
        Dude... if you want killer adjustable solo boost try this.
        Plug a TRS cable (tip/ting/sleeve) which is basically a stereo cord, from the effects send to the effects return.
        Then.... go into the loop menu and dial up the DB gain you need for your solo boost. Make sure on your patches that you have the loop mix control all the way up. Now.. when you step on your loop button on the FBV board you will get solo boost per the DB you set up. You have to do it for every patch and save it but it is SOOOOOO worth it.
        I have tons of Vetta tricks I could share.

Comment

modellers will always sound pretty damn good until you put them up aginst the real amp that that they are attempting to model...its a given [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

yeahh too true Shawn

There is actualy a sp77 on ebay now that was used by by Chris Degarmo of Queensryche.If it is his you can see the markings he made with a pen on the front to get his settings..lol

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEGARMOs-SOLDANO-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
            X