my new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new amp

well, after years of searching for something that would top everything pictured below:

i found MY real tone in the least expected place:

the little 79.00 fender frontman 15G!!!!! it is a little death machine!!! it eats my riveras for breakfast. snacks on the soldano....poops out line 6 after dinner!!!

it is a METAL maniac!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: my new amp

duuude, I want some of what you're smoking! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That Tremolux is awesome. Details please...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        duuude, I want some of what you're smoking! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had some PCP earlier. i'm flying HIGH!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

JG, the tremolux is a late '63. a very early blackface. surprising it is 99% original - tolex, grille, faceplate all original. the chrome and the handle were replaced.

i bought the amp off an old neighbor. he heard me playing my guitar one day and knocked on my door. we started talking and he told me how he used to play. he mentioned that he had an old amp that was just sitting in the closet. a couple of days later his grandson came over with the amp and said his grandpa said i could have it.

that felt wrong to me so i went over to his house and told him that i couldn't take it. he said it had been sitting since 1970 under a towel in his closet. he insisted it was okay but i felt wrong taking it for free so i paid $150.00 for it.

it was still a killer deal. it is a great head. the tremolo works and everything. i had it retubed with NOS CBS 6L6 power tubes. the preamp tubes are a mix of sovtek, mesa and rivera tubes. it has the blackface tone in spades, and sounds very rich and full.
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

whoa! that's an awesome story

Comment

Fuck yeah! That is a way cool story dude. I've only had dreams like that. Seriously, this one time I dreamed that I walked into my grandparent's basement and saw a dual recto halfstack that I'd somehow never noticed. Just left there by a cousin that disappeared... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (just in case y'all wanted to know)

I must also add that I'm unfamiliar with this kind of amp setup. What's with the patch cord?

Comment

vintage fenders are 2 channel amps, but you can only use one at a time. by jumping the the channels like that you can access both at once. i also use it like an effects loop. i go out from channel 1 into my effects then return to channel 2. i can use the EQ and volume from channel 2 to blend my effects in my signal. it works really well for old 4 input marshall's too.
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                X