V-Amp Pro vs PodXT Pro vs other ss preamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V-Amp Pro vs PodXT Pro vs other ss preamps

I also don't know about the V-AMP's switching time... I just use it for direct recording at my home studio.

And, yes the stompboxes in the POD sound good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Do the stompboxes from the Pod sound any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, they are pretty great really.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

There's no lag in the V-amps...at least not on my setup. I'm a big supporter of the Behringer stuff. Of course the PODXT has a million things to tweak and the Behringer stuff is pretty much plug in and go, but really, how many different choruses do you need? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        I bought an XT Live recently, screwed with it for about 2 weeks, and returned it and went back to my V-ampire heads.

Comment

Here's a clip of my band doing a Beatles cover...I'm using a Behringer V-ampire head (basically a V-amp wioth a built in power amp) through the matching 4x12 Behringer cab:

http://www.suburbanvamps.com/eleanor_rigby.MP3

Comment

I have a Pod XT and a V-Amp 2 and to this day I refuse to use the Pod XT to record direct, sounds like fucking processed digital tripe. I hate the annoying fizziness of the Pod, but the Pod does sound alright through my poweramp and cab, after 10 months of tweaking.

The V-Amp 2 destroys it for direct recording. It's a lot harder to dial up an UNusable tone with the V-amp then with the Pod...with the Pod, for every somewhat passable decent tone, there are about 10,000 absolutely disgustingly horrifying shit tones...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Oh,I would like to add something else, construction quality!V-amp is cheap but that's cos it has cheap parts,I hated its pots!A piece of crappy plastic with some soldering..

[/ QUOTE ]

My v-amp pro only has one pot, and thats for the headphones volume [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I can get some great sounds from my V-amp Pro, it definitely cuts the mustard. I've heard some pod's sound good, but my mates got a v-amp2, his bro has a pod 2. Well did have a pod 2 after playing the v-amp [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              At the end of the day, clean - pod, dirty - v-amp. There would obviously have been improvements in the line6 range since, but the price they go for here is fucking stupid. XTL is waaay to busy for what it should do, and in the end theres alot of sweet gear out there I'd rather then the pods for the money.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

My v-amp pro only has one pot, and thats for the headphones volume [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, I mean all that cheap shitty plastic thingy that act as pots [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have had a V-Amp Pro for almost a year, and I love it. It sounds great with phones, and it sounds great jacked through my old crappy Peavey Studio Pro 112's loop. It really is the best $150 you can spend.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                  X