Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krankenstein (AKA: do Kranks really suck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krankenstein (AKA: do Kranks really suck)

Well, the answer is:

YES, they most certainly do suck. Yeah, I only spent 10 minutes playing around with it, but it sounded horrible. It sounded like someone using a skil saw on some a/c duct. Very, very harsh and screechy, no tone whatsoever.

Yuck.

So, now I know, and I will join in the throngs of Krank bashers! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Krankenstein (AKA: do Kranks really suck)

Well obviously, if soundclips on their site sounds like shit, along w/ the fact that like at least half of their endorsed artists don't use it.

Comment

still curious to try 'em out somehow...

Comment

They are fun to check out - I was really hoping I could say that everyone was full of crap and they just had a bad rap.

... they sound like two cats fucking on a trash can lid at the end of a brick alley.

... they sound like a tonal coffin.

... they sound like a diseased donkey braying through an ugly cheerleader's megaphone.

'nuff said!

Comment

i played the Dime version through an expensive krank cab with texas heat speakers and a Kevin Bond rhoads, i loved it. I definately would get one if i had the money.

i think the matching cabinet makes alot of difference.

Comment

What's with the metal grille thing on the cabs? Won't that affect the sound in any way?

Comment

I played it through a matching cab. It was shit.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I played it through the matching cab also. It was the dime model - it's at the OKC guitar center.

Pete

Comment

I just got back from the Hypocrisy/Nile tour. First off, it was fukkin amazing. I didn't stay for Nile because I've seen em a million times and I've got work earlier than usual tomorrow. Hypocrisy was amazing, the new album sounds killer played live and it just so happens that a few bands were using the Krankenstein live. The other guitarist plugged into a triple rec live, but Peter just used whatever they had available onstage. The last band didn't even take their stuff down. His tone (looks like he plugged straight in) was absolutly incredible. He cut through nicely and had a killer tone. It's funny...a lot of bands play these live and it sounds half and half. In a live situation (with a good soundman), these bands sounds great with the Krank. When jamming with a band or doing a small club most people hate em. I guess it depends on how your going through the PA and what the venue is running. On the same note though, I've seen Hypocrisy a few other times and the Triple Rec both guys normally play through sound a tad thicker, but either one is a good setup for them. Hell man, I dunno what to think about these things anymore

Comment

Wasn't Decapitated on that bill, too? Vogg's been using a Recto halfstack onstage lately.

Comment

I'm not saying all or any of those bands do, but it's not that hard for a band to have those amps on stage, and then have something else really powering their sound behind stage.

Comment

Decapitated was fukkin awsome, and I mean that to the highest degree. I missed em last time cause my friend had a problem with security, but I caught em this time. Those guys and Hypocrisy need to tour, with more time spent playing. They had the crowd in the palm of their hand. Also, that stage was small as shit, especially with Nile's gear in the back, so they didn't have all that much room to move around. All BS aside, it didn't look like they were dummy heads. The amps were plugged right into the guitar (no wireless) and I caught em setting up before hand. Hell, if it sounded good (as it did last night), I can't talk smack. I'm still a Randall player, but I gotta give it to em cause they sounded good

Comment

I played all the Kranks at NAMM. Very harsh and brittle. IMHO, they sound like Krap.

Comment

Yes Krank do Suck big hairy goat balls.and they sound horrible too..
                            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

It's pretty sad that even the sound clips on their site suck....

Comment

Working...
                              X