Brutality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brutality

Yah, I stop in Rainbow Music almost weekly. I'm relatively new to the SC area and at first I was a little perturbed by the owner's attitude (he never asked me if I needed any assistance) but I've talked w/ him a few times and he's actually a really cool guy. Doesn't appear to care what guitar I grab off the rack.....from USA jacksons, PRS, gibsons, etc. He also had a mint Marshall 2555 (Jubilee) stack a few months back.....I REALLY wanted that head and one cab but he didn't want to split up the stack.....oh well.

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I was going to say, in SC, the only more high end region of amps, is at Rainbow music, and he's selling Mesa's (to some high end, to others not, not trying to sway anyone's opinion, just saying).

He also has USA Jacksons there too. Do you know where Rainbow Music is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Yeah, Bill comes off as a dick, but he's really great in the end. I get along with him really well. Basically what it comes down to is, you have 10,000 kids with no bucks (SC is a college town, you know this by now :P if that's not the reason you're there) and they want the high dollar shit.

Granted, his attitude is annoying at first, but as you found, he's pretty cool to deal with. I don't get to stop up as much as I would like (I'm around 1 hour away) but I actually plan on stopping up sometime in the next few weeks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        So brutal I had to add a little pussy to calm it down!!

[/ QUOTE ]

what Engl cab is that and how do you like it
        www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Bill is one of my best friends (I lived in State College for about 11 years). He is a tough guy to get to know at first but once you do he'll treat you well. If anyone wants an introduction, let me know.
          His Jubilee was cool...played it on many occasions.

Thrust...who are the cool bands in that town now? I've benn gone since '99 and haven't been back there for about 2 years now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Now that's some serious red-eye....almost looks like no-eye.

[/ QUOTE ]
            The cat's connected to the amp... when you turn it on, the eyes glow instead of the power and standby switches. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Now that's some serious red-eye....almost looks like no-eye.

[/ QUOTE ]
              The cat's connected to the amp... when you turn it on, the eyes glow instead of the power and standby switches. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              ahh, the highly-sought-after "cats-eye mod"... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not cheap either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Bill is one of my best friends (I lived in State College for about 11 years). He is a tough guy to get to know at first but once you do he'll treat you well. If anyone wants an introduction, let me know.
                  His Jubilee was cool...played it on many occasions.

Thrust...who are the cool bands in that town now? I've benn gone since '99 and haven't been back there for about 2 years now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah Rupe, that's what I'm saying. Once you get to know Bill, he's easy to get along with. You just have to get to know him. He has ALWAYS treated me well.

Rupe, did you used to live in SC? If so, when did you move?

Comment

magh8,

It's the Engl Vintage w/ 2 V30's and 2 G12H30's in an x pattern. Sounds really good.

Yeah, Bill has been really nice to me as well, especially since I've brought in some of my gear for him to setup. With his proximety to PSU I'm certain he gets his fair share of "tire kickers" and guys who generally are there just to dick around. He has some REALLY nice gear that sets out so anyone can grab a guitar and play. I'm sure he gets a bit peeved at people that have no intention of purchasing anything who grab a $3k PRS and start hammering away.

Anyway, I've only lived here 5 months and haven't gotten to check out the music scene very much (working on Ph.D......NO time). The Crowbar seems to be the place to go in State College for anything heavy however. One of my favorite bands will be coming here in April so I hope to have the opprotunity to check them out--Byzantine.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I bought the Fireball from Derek @ Rocksolidamps.com and found the cab (used) in Harrisburg.

Also, that's an SLSMG not a DKMG.

[ QUOTE ]
                      Where did you pick up an ENGL, near State College?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I was goin off the paranha inlays.Nice rig too.

Comment

Working...
                      X