I need a good tube combo to run my GT6 through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need a good tube combo to run my GT6 through

Take a look at the new Fender Pro Jr., my friend just got one and it's very cool, the 10" speaker will mic up great, or I think you can drive a cabinet w/ it. 15 warm all tube watts for $299 new. It's a loud 15w btw.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mps?sku=480511

Comment

I run my GT-3 through the clean channel of a 50W Carvin Bel Air. I also run a graphic EQ and noise gate through the effects loop. Sounds great. I've always gotten complimented on my tones & the diversity.

http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...AIR&CID=GA

The only downside is that some of the Carvins tend to run a little hot. So, if you do a lot of live gigging, you might want to rig up a fan. Easy solution, though.

Comment

I was hoping to get something in a 2by??? so I can get cool stereo chorusing. Lately I've been kind of drawn to the old Alex Lifeson sound - dirty marshall with chorusing. I can get pretty close but my solid state lacks warmth.

I don't know if anything I'm thinkin of will get me where I want to be. It's like there's a tone in my head and I'm tryin everything i can think to find a setup that sounds the way I want.

nowhatimean? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I was hoping to get something in a 2by??? so I can get cool stereo chorusing. Lately I've been kind of drawn to the old Alex Lifeson sound - dirty marshall with chorusing. I can get pretty close but my solid state lacks warmth.

I don't know if anything I'm thinkin of will get me where I want to be. It's like there's a tone in my head and I'm tryin everything i can think to find a setup that sounds the way I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want true stereo you will need to get a stereo power amp and a stereo cabinet. A 2 x 12 combo will not give you stereo. It will give you dual mono.

Comment

i had good results with a mesa nomad.

Comment

I've got great results running my GT8 through my old Marshall Valvestate 2x12. It's the 8240 stereo chorus model... it's got a stereo effects loop (one output/send, two inputs/return), so I'm running both outputs of the GT8 into the inputs of the effects loop. Works great and sounds great!

I've also tried running it in front of the amp with great results. And you can also utilize the GT8 to change your amp's channels by running another cable from the GT8's amp control jack into the amp's pedal jack.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want true stereo you will need to get a stereo power amp and a stereo cabinet. A 2 x 12 combo will not give you stereo. It will give you dual mono.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant 2by as in 2x50 etc...

Comment

I know this isn't a tube amp, but has anyone tried on of these?

Can't beat the price!
                  http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...=SX200C&CID=SX

Comment

Working...
                  X