Splawn cabs and engls match made in heaven or hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn cabs and engls match made in heaven or hell

I was wondering If anyone has gotten a chance to Try both there Redcoat speakers or whatever they have in that cross pattern compared to the vintage 30's and Gt 75s or whatever the Combination of speakers...wich ONEs match the Powerball To perfection...gonna be ordering one Shortly..

Re: Splawn cabs and engls match made in heaven or hell

Not a direct comparison but I have a Splawn cab with the man o wars and gov'nors in an X pattern. w/o knowing what type of music you play its hard to say if its a match for the powerball, it is a heavey sounding cab. I know that the Splawn cab is an excellent cab and is killer with my Quick Rod. I have a Bogner cab which is all V30's and that cab sounds great with whatever amp I use with it. I have a 1960A cab with G12T75's but it only sounds good with certain amps.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn, my buddy had a Splawn cab like yours and we A/B'd it with 3 other cabs thru 3 kinds amps and found it to be very light on the bass and heavy on the mids and highs. Do you find that to be the case? It sounded great paired with an old Marshall cab that was heavy on the bass but, light on the mids and highs but, on its own, it was meh...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

well ..i play very heavy music melodic deathy stuff, and i have been using my brothers carvin Legacy cab right now but i need one for my own. Oh and where going to be Recording a our Demo this summer and investing quit a bit of money so i wanted to get the best possible sound I can out of my Powerball. so...with that in mind. what do ya think?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hey Shawn, my buddy had a Splawn cab like yours and we A/B'd it with 3 other cabs thru 3 kinds amps and found it to be very light on the bass and heavy on the mids and highs. Do you find that to be the case? It sounded great paired with an old Marshall cab that was heavy on the bass but, light on the mids and highs but, on its own, it was meh...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only used it with the Splawn QR so far. Its a fairly mid heavy to my ears but I don't notice it lacking any bottom end at all...it shakes the floor in my room thats for sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have the straight bottom w/o casters so maybe that has something to do with it
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            well ..i play very heavy music melodic deathy stuff, and i have been using my brothers carvin Legacy cab right now but i need one for my own. Oh and where going to be Recording a our Demo this summer and investing quit a bit of money so i wanted to get the best possible sound I can out of my Powerball. so...with that in mind. what do ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I run my powerball with the splawn with the eminence gov's and manowars and love the combonation.I have ran this head thru marshalls G75's,mesa's V30's,ect.I absolutely hated the mesa cab with this head the V30's were a bit much in the high end department.the marshall's lacked bottom.the madison cabs sound pretty good with the powerball much like the marshall but with better low end.you may want to try a Vader this is a great sounding cab.the Vader 4x12 and Splawn X 4X12 are the best sounding cabs I have tried with the powerball.I am at the moment playing grindcore.I would go with one of these
            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Working...
            X