Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm just about done with modeling.... RANT.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m just about done with modeling.... RANT.....

Can't you back up all your patches to a computer?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

and if Pete is going to start building those 18w Marshall clones I will have one of those too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know when you're ready! I promise no batteries, just sweet tube tones. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm really sorry to read this. You've been a big inspiration to me in getting more involved with modeling amps. In fact, I just bought a Vetta (haven't received it yet)!

I do understand your frustration, though. I feel the same way about my iPod, which has a battery that inevitably died and is not supposed to be end-user-replaceable - and after public controversy and Apple's agreement to replace faulty iPod batteries (for $60), it looks like the new iPods are made the same way! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] My wife's Palm also has a non-user-replaceable internal battery that will eventually die, and makes it another example of planned obsolescence.

OTOH, if some internal component in my tube amp died, I'd either send it back to the manufacturer for repair or replace it, too, since I can't fix it myself, and I don't know of anyone locally who could, either. I guess I'm saved by my ignorance. It is a handy justification to buy more gear, though! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Vetta Kills. Heck, the POD 2.0 is great. I loved mine. I am pissed about their riveted in battery. I fukked up when I tried to install a new one myself. I am 99% of the time great with a soldering iron. I mod stomp boxes! This was an unfortunate mistake by ME. I am pissed at Line 6 because they should include a battery holder instead of riveting the battery to tabs that are soldered to the board. Especially since the battery lasts 5-10 years.
        I should have been more careful. STUPID ME.
        That is why I am done with the POD. Its not because its a modeler. Its because of the damn battery.
        You will love your Vetta once you learn how to properly use it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

and if Pete is going to start building those 18w Marshall clones I will have one of those too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know when you're ready! I promise no batteries, just sweet tube tones. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

PM sent...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I would have to leave the POD on all the time or it will default back to the factory patches.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I would have to leave the POD on all the time or it will default back to the factory patches.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the battery go out in my ADA MP1 back when I had a rack - was a total pain in the ass, lost all my presets every time I powered down. Did I mention I found this out at a gig and had to recreate my patches from memory? ARGH!

Pete

Comment

Re: I\'m just about done with modeling.... RANT....

[ QUOTE ]

Fuck you Line 6. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH! FUCKING FUCKERS!

Sorry to hear that, bro. Since I don't ever have to worry about doing lots of covers, my signal path just gets more and more simple every year. But that doesn't have anything to do with anything...

Good luck on the auctions, bro,
                Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  So being a sloppy tech makes a modellers suck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if I take a sluge hammer to my J-Station and smash it to pieces does that mean that all modellers suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get me wrong, I LOVE my J-station, but honestly - if I take a sledge hammer to it, it wouldn't sound as bad as my playing... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have the AX212 I'll bet that battery has to be close to death.

Tube amps being a pain is a myth. I've had more problems and bad sounds from solid state. Then you get the guys who say, "Dude.. replacing your KT-88's is gonna be expensive."

I say, "Good tone is priceless."

Comment

HA!!!! It didn't take John long to turn it around:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...823#Post654031
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        HA!!!! It didn't take John long to turn it around:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...823#Post654031

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a joke Tim. Thats why I ended the post with smashing my head against the wall. Those clips do sound good though. Does the GS-10 really sound that good? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The GS-10's saving grace to me is the editing software. It's a well thought out little device, built in speaks, the whole bit. Not bad. I spent a 100.00 on it and I spent 150 on a J-station 5 years ago, so comparitively, it was a bargain. All modelers suck in some respect IMO.. their saving grace is the flexibility. If you have alot of patience and sometimes hours to spend on patches its not bad but some days that is to the creative process like a far sighted person trying to thread a needle before sewing.
                          Once setup tho and you get to know your way around it they are handy tools. Sorry to hear yours is being a pain.
                          I still have to change the batteries out on some of my stuff.

Comment

The GS-10 sounds pretty damn good. Put it to you this way, I bought a GT-8 and returned it the next day because it wasn't any better sounding and I didn't need the footswitch. So if you like the GT-8, you will like a GS-10.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                            X