MIDI recording/Alesis QS6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI recording/Alesis QS6

I just picked up an Alesis QS6 QS off of ebay for my PC/MIDI recording. Does anyone have one and what do you think about them? I got it for a good price, so I went for it.
    I see good reviews about them, but I like to rely on JCF family inputs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: MIDI recording/Alesis QS6

I've got one as well as a QSR (rackmount version - everything but the keyboard) but I don't have the floorspace to set up the QS6.
    I like it. It's highly editable, and you can create one instrument or drum patch that takes up all the available memory and get a great, full, realistic sound. You can't save it as part of a Mix because it takes up so much RAM, but you can use it as a Program by itself.

The presets aren't bad either.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc
      Should be here by this weekend, so I'll hook it up to my pc. Can it be hooked via USB or do I have to run it thru the TASCAM US-122.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I don't know if it can do Audio via USB. It does (should) have a Digital (fiber optic) output, if your card has a digital input. Otherwise you'd hafta use the 1/4" outs.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i have the slightly bigger QS8.1 and as newc says the presets sound killerThe piano morph sound is superb for sitting down and just stringing a load of arps togther.I know nothing of midi so i am wasting her a litte,i should read up and compose with it with some outboard hardware or software

Comment

Working...
          X