birthday coming up, BBE and Furman questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birthday coming up, BBE and Furman questions

ok so i have a birthday coming up and ive been thinking about getting one o 'dem sonic maximzers for my 5150. they seem to be pretty inexpensive even at musician's friend. theres a BBE 362 for 99 bucks, and a 482i for 179.99. the reviews ive read for the 482i seem to be perfect 10's. so what is the difference between the two?

also, i wanted to ask about power conditioners.
    furman has this M-8 for 39.99, pretty cheap eh?

and the M8-D for 79.99

theres also a PL-8 II for 129.99

so what about the cheap 39 dollar one? is it basically just a surge protector? the details say its a power conditioner, so are the more expensive ones just better at what they do naturally?

Re: birthday coming up, BBE and Furman questions

For guitar, maybe look for a older 422 man, they're usually around 50 bucks Ebay. The new ones are way too sizzly on guitar for my tastes.

Even a Barcus Berry tech told me once he also thought that the 422 sounded best for guitar. The later ones are more PA/recording oriented he felt.

Any of the cheap conditioners (less than a couple hundred)are just surge protectors. Glorified outlet strips. I prefer ones that protect against brownouts or keeps voltage constant, but they aren't exactly cheap. Check out their descriptions.

Comment

I can't figure out why, but I've never been about to use my BBE w/out it adding 'hum' to the system. I bought a 482 about 2 years ago when MF was blowing them out for $99.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I prefer ones that protect against brownouts or keeps voltage constant, but they aren't exactly cheap. Check out their descriptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what would you recommend?? I need a power conditioner!! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I love admins!

Comment

+1 422 or 422A

Comment

just won this

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBE-422A-SONIC-MAXIM...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              just won this

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBE-422A-SONIC-MAXIM...1QQcmdZViewItem

[/ QUOTE ]

Good snag.

Comment

Not trying to spam my ebay auctions or anything but I have a PL 8 on Ebay right now thats like brand new for 70.00.

I bought one of the cheap ones and its just like a surge strip. I like the light feature on the PL8. I bought two and ended up selling off the other rack.

Don

Comment

Working...
                X