triple rectifiers vs diezel herbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triple rectifiers vs diezel herbert

was wondering, how would these compare to another. I got the triple rectifier and I love the grind in the sound. but would the herbert do better? or just different?

Re: triple rectifiers vs diezel herbert

The Herbert would be different at 3-4 times the price.

Comment

they're about the same price over here in europe [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Honestly, I can't stand Diezel's. Overpriced amps that aren't even that good.

Recto's kick ass [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I also played the Diezels and were not impressed. But in all fairness i couldnt crank it that loud and didnt truley have enough time to tweak. First impression is for that price not worth it in my book.

Comment

I like the Mesa better. Even if they were the same price. I think Diezel's are way overpriced. I would take my Mesa and my Bogner over Diezel.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

the one thing i will give the diezel is it is alot more quiet when not playing, not as much hiss. However i liked the uber distortion better then the herbert and liked the XTC better then the VH4, the bogners were just a bit noisier, nothing that a pedal cant fix though.

Comment

thnx guys, you saved me some €'s here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well the Herbert's channel 2 SLAYS for non extreme music! Really awesome tone. I think its channel 3 makes it a real lead players amp and the clean is better than the DR or TR so it depends what you're looking for. The Road King is a different story... I could go with either an RK or the Diezel, it would just depend on the day.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I also played the Diezels and were not impressed. But in all fairness i couldnt crank it that loud and didnt truley have enough time to tweak. First impression is for that price not worth it in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

What tubes were in it? SInce they take pretty much anything I would think you do have some flexability.

I hate EL 34's but like 6l6's and 6550's

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What tubes were in it? SInce they take pretty much anything I would think you do have some flexability.

I hate EL 34's but like 6l6's and 6550's

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell you the truth didnt really have time to check it out. If you have ever been to washington music on a saturday you would understand, kids all over the place play every metal riff known to man. Worse then guitar center.

Comment

IMO Diezels are only overpriced because of the export.
                        In Germany/UK they are competitively priced with the Recto.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          IMO Diezels are only overpriced because of the export.
                          In Germany/UK they are competitively priced with the Recto.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much is a recto in Germany? I am sure they are more then here do to import taxes. Marshall could be so much cheaper if they just made there amps here in the USA, but those damn taxes get us.

Comment

Last night i ran my Hughes and kettner triamp mkII up against my buddies triple recto. the triamp smoked it in almost every way. i did like his lead tone but i'm still tweaking my od pedal for my lead tone. i don't regret selling him that triple one bit.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Last night i ran my Hughes and kettner triamp mkII up against my buddies triple recto. the triamp smoked it in almost every way. i did like his lead tone but i'm still tweaking my od pedal for my lead tone. i don't regret selling him that triple one bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played the tri-amp, good amp but smoking a recto i think not, possibly you liked it better! Comparing a Tri-amp to a recto is like comparing apples to oranges, two completly different amps. I put the Tri-amp more in the XTC class of voicing then a recto, actualy i did a review awhile back on it in the amp section here.

I was looking to get a tri-amp because it is voiced more towards the type of music i play, but after reading in a few places about reliability issues i decided against one.

Comment

Working...
                              X