triple rectifiers vs diezel herbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: triple rectifiers vs diezel herbert

OH yeah Rick, dont take that as a slam, i think the Tri-amp is a damn good sounding amp, i just dont think it eats up a recto, just two different amps.

Comment

i was looking at it from a metal stand point. plus the versatility as well. a much fatter and full sound than the recto. and the clean channel i feel was much better. what reliability issues were brought up.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        IMO Diezels are only overpriced because of the export.
        In Germany/UK they are competitively priced with the Recto.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much is a recto in Germany? I am sure they are more then here do to import taxes. Marshall could be so much cheaper if they just made there amps here in the USA, but those damn taxes get us.

[/ QUOTE ]

a brand new triple recto is around 2700 euro iirc.
        a brand new framus cobra is 1699 euro, a herbert 2999 euro, and last time i checked a bogner überschall was around 2400 euro iirc.

go figure

Comment

the cobra is the best bang for the buck around here imo

Comment

"the cobra is the best bang for the buck around here imo "
            actually i'm waiting for one to show up on german ebay so i can buy it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            there once was a framus cobra + framus dragon 412 cab @ebay that went for 1350 euro.....unfortunately my pc crapped out on my when i was trying to bid [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              i was looking at it from a metal stand point. plus the versatility as well. a much fatter and full sound than the recto. and the clean channel i feel was much better. what reliability issues were brought up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clean channel i can see, fatter that depends on which mode you use on the recto. I find the vintage channel on the recto to be beautiful, however i dont care much for the modern channel. And well metal, that is broad, not much beats the recto in downtuned brutal metal. However the bands i know that usualy play the tri are bands like 3 doors down, tesla and fual. And actualy on the last tour the one fual guitarist started using a recto.

The issues i believe had to do with the Midi or something where the whole amp would freeze up, it was awhile back that i researched them so i dont remember exactly.

Still a damn good sounding amp the triamp is, like i said just a different beast compared to a recto.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                the one thing i will give the diezel is it is alot more quiet when not playing, not as much hiss. However i liked the uber distortion better then the herbert and liked the XTC better then the VH4, the bogners were just a bit noisier, nothing that a pedal cant fix though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Uber is quite a bit noiser than the Herbert IMHO. Sure you can use a noise gate/pedal etc., but when you spend over $2500 on an amp feedback noise shouldn't be a problem IMHO. This is a design issue (preamp) with quite a few high gain amps. However, numerous designers like VHT, Diezel, and Suhr all have overcomed this problem and produce high gain amps without all the feedback, hiss, squeal normally associated with "high gain" amps.

Comment

killswitch engage is using the triamp now. one guy using a framus and the other a triamp mk II.

Comment

Working...
                  X