Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectifier vs. Lonestar

Hey guys,
    I've been planning on buying a used rectifier but a lonestar has came up in my local area for a VERY good deal. I haven't played it yet but will be trying it out tomorrow. I've never played one before but I thought I'd ask you guys that have played one what you think about them compared to a rectifier. I know that it won't be exact rectifier tone but does it get close? If you had a choice which amp would you get? Any comments appreciated.

Re: Rectifier vs. Lonestar

I think the Lonestar has less gain overall.

Comment

it is like comparing apples to oranges, two completly different amps.

Comment

i like the lonestar. i wish i had kept mine. it is lower gain than a recto, but still can crunch. i actually prefer it over the rectos. i am not a shredder or a death metaler...more of a classic metal guy and it had the perfect gain for that.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! Keep 'em coming!

Comment

I'm jamming with some friends tonight and I heard there's a Nomad in da house. From what I've heard it's not a high-gain amp but it's loud. Who uses Nomads? Are they good for bluesy, country, classic rock tones? Any suggestion on how to set it?

Comment

dave grohl from the foo fighters was using nomads for a while. i'd say you'd be safe with the assumption that it will do classic rock into 70's metal.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The Road King II is getting the clean channel from the Lonestar. I think they're great sounding amps, but don't have that brutality that I need and the Retos deliver.

Comment

I ended up buying the Lonestar and I love it! It's great on it's own for country, jazz, blues and classic rock stuff. Then I have a Boss MT-2 Metalzone that I turn on for the heavy stuff and it's comparible enough ,for me, to a rectifer with that on, Plus I'm getting all the extras that the Lonestar offers! Thanks for all the comments guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X