Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster vs. Mogami Cables or Other?

Is there a difference? What say you?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: Monster vs. Mogami Cables or Other?

Yes. Monster has a cooler name IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All I know is Monsters have worked out great for me.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I use Monster from guitar to OD, Planet Waves from OD back to the NS-2, Monster from NS-2 to amp.

I'd go all planet waves, but they don't make any 15 foot or 1.5 foot cables.

Comment

Mogamis from what I understand are primarily studio cables, so when you move them around a lot like in a live situation they kind of tank. They don't bend real easy. Monsters tank a lot (in my experience) too. Both sound good though. My favorites are still Planet Waves, but I use mostly Lava cables now since PW doesn't make 15 foot cables with right angles.

Comment

So how long do PW cables usually last?
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

i use mogami for to and back from the pedalboard for the effects loop. planet waves into the fron of the amp and george l for connecting all my pedals. doesn't seem to be much of a difference between mogami and monster. either are great.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              So how long do PW cables usually last?

[/ QUOTE ]

my two ten footers and one twenty foot have been running strong for a solid year and a half now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Mogamis from what I understand are primarily studio cables, so when you move them around a lot like in a live situation they kind of tank. They don't bend real easy. Monsters tank a lot (in my experience) too. Both sound good though. My favorites are still Planet Waves, but I use mostly Lava cables now since PW doesn't make 15 foot cables with right angles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mogami makes several different types of cable. They have some that is very well suited to "live" use.

That said... I use Monster for all my guitar stuff.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Several years ago I was buying a lot of different cables as I was going through cables like crazy....never could get them to last over a couple months. Then I started buying Monster "Rock" cables. They hold up VERY well for me, though I've had a few duds. However, they have a lifetime warranty, which I've used 2 or 3 times....and they send a brand new cable quickly....only thing I'm out is a couple bucks shipping to send them the dud cable.

With that said, I will continue to use the Monster Cable cables that I own and will continue to use their warranty service, but I refuse to buy anymore Monster Cable products for ethical reasons. I haven't bought a new Monster Cable in a LONG time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I refuse to buy anymore Monster Cable products for ethical reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

They are totally off their rocker from a legal standpoint suing anybody who uses the word monster.....even products that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with cables or electronics. They'll probably go after Webster dictionary at some point for inferring the word monster is anything but the name of their cables. They have crippled some small businesses in this legal craziness.

There is whole bunch of info on the net about this. Here's a link that I found quickly:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=488600

Comment

oh my god. I can't believe they're doing that!

Damn. They're cables are cool, except for the fact that they tangle up when I turn my back on them. I never knew I went in so many circles! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Its like I was constantly walking in a circle, the way the cable looks after an hour, I have to straighten the damn thing out all the time.

Comment

I'm a Planet Waves user.

Comment

Mogami cables are the best cable period, but they are expensive. There's a reason professional studios use them for XLR cable/patch cable/instrument cable you name it. I use mogami gold series instrument cables.

Comment

Monster cable is nothing more than a major ripp off. I compared the Monster rock series to a few different cheaper cables and there was not a difference at all. Im talking wire thickness and quality overall. I rewired my intire rig in Mogami. It is one of the best out there. Yea if you go to a Guiter center to buy it you will pay out the ass. I bought all my Mogami from this guy Jeff Kaiser who makes it up to any size you want for half the price of whatMonster will cost you.
                              Take my advice if you want better tone and quality go with either Mogami or Canare. If anyone wants contact info on where to get it cheap e mail me. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X