Monster vs. Mogami Cables or Other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monster vs. Mogami Cables or Other?

In the Guitar Player mag with Alex Lifeson on the cover, it shows a new Planet Waves cable system. You get 10 feet of cable, a cutting tool and a bunch of right angle 1/4 in. plugs to make your own cables. I don't see it on there web site yet.
    http://www.planet-waves.com/products_cidetails.aspx

Comment

I should add that I only use Monster from the guitar to the first input. From there on out I use entirely George L's cables.

I should also add that when I bought all of my Monster Rock cables I got them at around 50% off list price. I would NOT have bought them at full retail...at that price they ARE overpriced. At that time, Planet Waves cables were not on the market. That's what I'll probably look into next time I need to get front-end cables.

Comment

i use monster and planet waves. I dont think i ever paid anything for my monster cables and i probably never will, they are all 2nd hand, and all have worked and held up perfectly, same with the planet waves cables. I also have a Spectraflex which has done perfectly as well. i have a friend with a huge supply of spectraflex and they all have held up great too.

so ive come to the conclusion, you spend cheap money, you get a cheap product. I think most GOOD cables are genuinely good, so i guess it all comes down to whether you support the company's ethical principles or not, haha

+1 monster
        +1 planet waves
        +1 spectraflex

Comment

After coming back from NAMM this year, I think I'm going to be trying some Zaolla cables next. Not cheap by any means but there was definetly a noticeable sound difference after hearing them myself in person!

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I use Monster cables from my guitar to the pedalboard, and LiveWires from that point forward, although I've been using a wireless unit for the past year or so for gigs. However, I recently bought a LiveWires Advance speaker cable and might try out their instrument cables as well. I also like the fabric-wrapped cables, as they seem less prone to tangling.
            sigpic

Comment

Monster cables and all the monster stuff is little more than a rip off. But as often, it works oh well.

Only the first cable between the guitar and first buffering unit matters. Just keep it short if you can, one of the decent quality (does not have to be Monster, or even expensive for this matter). It is a different story if you like to get the natural high-frequency roll-off which is coming from a longer cable... and then it does not need to be a 'cable' either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] See where I'm going with this?

If you use active pickups or electronics inside your guitar - forget this whole thing, it does not matter to you.

Comment

Other.

I buy bulk Pro-Co cable and Neutrik ends from Parts Express and make them myself. Cheaper and better cable than Monster IMO.
                "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

i use monster "rock" cables from my wireless to pedal boad and back to head. and a monster "studio" 1000 speaker cable.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I know I am going to start some shit, but there IS a difference between Monster Cable and other cable, the price is justified to an extent, it is supperior, With that said. the new Planet Waves System (cable Station) is the best alternative as it uses Coaxial (sp?) cable.... and you can chose your own length and plug style
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I accidentally stepped on my monster angled cord last night while adjusting my amp when the prong snapped!! I'm SOOOO pissed!! It sounds great but I feel it's very flimsy!!
                      I love admins!

Comment

I have two planet wave cables and I hate them. They are totally microphonic. Anytime they move or I step on them, the noise comes through my amp. The $10.00 cheapo's I bought at my local shop are quieter. ymmv
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Monster is junk, period. It is fancy packaged, over marketed junk. Monster has been around many, many yeras, but mainly in the high end audio scene. Go to a audio forum to find out what Monster cables are all about.

Comment

rapco cables here... "road hawg" from GC 12.99 [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

This is a touch out of place, but I've had a couple of Peavey cables go everywhere with me the past two or three years and just recently they seem to be giving me minor problems. I'm not sure it's them, it could be one of my guitars or the amplifier jack, but I'm 80% sure it's their fault. Problems as in crackling every once in a while. They don't seem to pick up much noise either, pretty clean signal.

Comment

MetallicaRocks...nice avatar!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I did it..bought some (rock) monster cables..geetar/cab/rack...

Its still sounds EXACTLY like my Uberschall...not worse or better...that's it.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That's my review.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X