Randall RM100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RM100?

Anyone own one of these? I have a buddy who swears by his, and he's owned every damn high priced & boutiqe amp out there. They seem great in theory: They have 3 different "slots" to where you can put in different modules for different tones, (Plexi, Hi Gain, Blackface, etc) BUT the modules are tube, not SS. So in theory it sounds like it's a modeling amp, but with tube tone. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Re: Randall RM100?

I don't consider that modelling. Aren't the modules just separate pre-amps with different circuits and voicings? No computer chips or anything in there is there? I think it's a pretty cool idea.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I really want to hear one of these. I have heard so many great things about this amp.

Comment

the MTS concept is great, but how do they really stack up? i'd like to hear them myself trying all the different modules.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Dude, when I get home tonight, I'll give ya the skinny on these amps. I've been using em for 6 days a week for a couple months and at rehersal (well, till I was forced to sell it) and can talk about these all day. The short of it is that it's an awsome amp

Comment

RM100 owner here. 2 thumbs up! I have 12 of the modules so
            I can find the sound/tone I want. You can use 6L6,EL34,EL34L,5881,KT88 and 6550 power tubes that you can install and bias yourself. It also has the capability of running a combinitation of these tubes at the same time including 4 different ones at once. What is also nice is when I want a new amp I just buy a new module. Randall just released 4 George Lynch modules and Dan Donegan (Disturbed)
            module so now I will have 5 more to get. There are also Egnater modules that work with it also. Bruce Egnater designed MTS series for Randall.
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I had the rack RM4 and it sounded good, but at the time i did not have the poweramp which is a must for it. I now have the power amp but no preamp section. The power amp is great, i use it with my marshall JMP-1, bascially you can choose what tubes you want, you can midi control it to have one or both channels on, and you can have different sets of tubes in each channel. Right now i have EL34's on one side and 6l6's on the other side. Has presense for each channel and density control for each channel, a very impressive power amp. The heads also have the density and if i remember right you can mix tubes in that too with the 100 watt version.

Comment

Heads up to the current owners, I got the new catalog (not yet on the Randall site, but they did a great job on it and released a few other cool things) and there's a new high gain module that wasen't mentioned (that I know). It's a new Ultra module with a spike in the mids called Ultra XL. Hopefully we'll be getting it in soon and I'll post a short review

Comment

What about the RM20? Looks like that or the 50 Combo would fit my needs. Anybody own one?
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Went out drinkin last night, sorry for not posting the review. The RM20 is also a badass little unit. Absolutly ideal for recording and screwing around in the house. I found out we're ordering one of the RM20 heads and 1x12 cabs which are new (again, when the new catalog is released you can see em) but I have a feeling we're gonna move those fast. Randall has actually done a lotta good things lately. When I get home tonight (no drinking, or not a lot) I'll review em both

Comment

Ah hell, I'm so tired and wasted again tonight. I'll make it quick. These things kick ass. It's not like it's just a few tube module that sound like the other unless you tweak em differently, they all have different voicings, which means pretty much different amp tones. My own personal favorites are XTC, Ultra, Clean and Plexi. They all are really different, but sound incredible. It's worth it if you have a local Randall dealer that stocks em to check it out. The guys that come into my store all love em and we've been moving quite a bit of em. We're actually out of a few of the modules now, one of our customers just bought every single one of em they have and he loves em. I've only heard one guy in about 40 not like it if that helps you any

Comment

So, it sounds like they are going for a kind of Mini stack type of look for the little RM20 head? Sounds kinda cool. I just wish it took two modules instead of just one.

Comment

There's also a 50 watt version that takes 2 modules too

Comment

If you get the chance can you get me the list for the RM20 head and cab? I think I'm gonna take the plunge. Right now I'm using a cube 30 with a Genesis 3 or a POD 2.0 in front of it. I think the RM would be a good solution for my home/studio tinkering.

Comment

Just the heads up for anyone reading this, I can't and won't do business openly on this forum because there are dealers that pay to be here. But when I get to work I'll let you know what the updated price list says since it's not on the Randall site yet. I think that's innocent enough, but I'll see if I can post the new stuff regardless seeing how Randall hasen't updated it yet

Comment

Working...
                              X