Sound clips for different amplifiers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound clips for different amplifiers.

I realize there are a couple of sites with soundclips of amplifiers, but wouldn't it be great if there was a site that had a decent database of clips for EVERYTHING? They would have to be guitar to amp, with nothing else in the signal chain to affect the sound. 4 clips of each amp would be good. 1 clean, 1 at 1/4 gain, 1 at 1/2 gain, and 1 at full gain.

It would certainly be more usefull than people posting asking, is this amp good, and then a bunch of people arguing about whether it is or not.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Sound clips for different amplifiers.

make it happen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      make it happen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish. I am website illiterate. I wouldn't know how to make a website if my life depended on it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i doubt this would work. way too many variables other than just the guitar, amps, cab, mic, mic preamp, and fx. the mic positioning has to stay exactly the same, all clips have to be played by the same player (because tone IS in the hands), and last but not least the weather also affects the sound of a tube amp (you all know these days that make you think "whoa, today this amp sounds like SHIT", and the next day it's all good again)

it would rock, though....

Comment

I'd be much happier with those sites that already have clips just making them worth shit.

No offense to Dereck at Rocksolidamps, but I can't judge the amp with those kind of clips [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Comment

If I had the ability to keep a rig setup and record them at my apartment I'd start up one of those sites immediately. I'm not the best player either. I'd just have a cab set up and mic'd and never move it, wouldn't even set the head up on top of the cab.

Easist method would be to record different patterns using a direct box and then reamp, that way you'd always be using the same exact playing style and overall sound. It would also enable other folks to having playing on there.

Could have different categories... Modern metal rhythm (chugga chugga), 80's metal rhythm, fast / death metal rhythm, classic rock rhythm, blues rhythm, and a clean showcase of some sort. Then have different leads. Do a couple different settings on the amp... Definitely be worth checking out.

Comment

Well, if everyone send me their amps, I'd be willing to do this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

We'll start off with a Bogner Ecstacy, Soldano SLO 100, Mesa Roadking, and a Diezel Herbert.

Comment

Working...
              X