Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THD Hotplates - Can anyone tell me the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THD Hotplates - Can anyone tell me the difference?

I know that I will sound totally stupid by asking this, but here goes....Can anyone tell me the difference between the 4ohm, 8ohm and 16ohm THD Hotplates...? Why the difference in ohms? What are they used for?

Re: THD Hotplates - Can anyone tell me the difference?

[ QUOTE ]
    I know that I will sound totally stupid by asking this, but here goes....Can anyone tell me the difference between the 4ohm, 8ohm and 16ohm THD Hotplates...? Why the difference in ohms? What are they used for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Plug different cabs into them... 16 Ohm Cab -> 16 Ohm Hotplate -> 16 Ohm on your amp.

Comment

Re: THD Hotplates - Can anyone tell me the difference?

They should just make a multi switching unit..its part marketing to get you to buy another as far as I can tell. Ya know, "mix n match, buy all three!" The only difference is obvious, the level of resistance you choose to have in your setup being and a attenuator being 'tailored' to your use. I suppose it may reduce the possibility of a liability issue for mismatched ohms by keeping it simple.

Comment

Re: THD Hotplates - Can anyone tell me the differe

Also, another difference is that they come in different colors! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys for the input.....Does anyone know of or who makes a good attenuator that is "switchable" (4ohm-8ohm-16ohn)?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Thanks guys for the input.....Does anyone know of or who makes a good attenuator that is "switchable" (4ohm-8ohm-16ohn)?

[/ QUOTE ]
            Weber!

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm

I have a 100watt Mass and I love it

Comment

Working...
            X