Fuchs and Two-Rock amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuchs and Two-Rock amps

What can you tell me about 'em? The tone, versality etc. etc.
    Any info is helpfull.

Thanks.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Fuchs and Two-Rock amps

Never owned a Two Rock. Well, that's not entirely true: I had a Ruby, but that's a different design than most of their amps. I have had a Fuchs. Very smooth sounding with a detailed but mellow sounding high end. Can also do semi-dirty, crunchy classic rock type sounds very well. The best effects loop I've ever used (tube buffered, series / parallel, level control).

Not a great amp for metal or really throaty Marshall style crunch.

Comment

I own a Fuchs mod 100 watt. The clean chanel is fenderish but more round if push a very articulate and cutting blues tone .(think marshall plexi) The overdrive chanel is very smooth and sing the note blossom when held very detailed . You can with a little dialing get almost anything you want out of this amp Andy will also voice the amp as requested. It at a 100watts is also very loud but the sound dosen't change as you turn up the master and sound good even a low level. I really don't know what you are looking for, I think with work you could get a metal tone, it's got more gain than I would ever use.

Comment

Two Rock makes many models but I assume you are talking about the Dumble clones, which is essentially what the Fuchs is (although they now have a new model that breaks this tradition). You can't go wrong with either amp but I like the fact that Andy Fuchs will work with you to voice the amp the way you want it. These amps are very smooth and "hi-fi" sounding with 3 dimensional, "Fendery" clean tones. Very different from a Marshall and other similar amps.

Comment

good replies so far, thanks guys.

I'm searching for an amp wich can give me a badass lead tone. I've heard that Fuchs and Two-Rocks sound like Dumbles and Boogie's Mark series. That's the tone I'm crazy about, fat and smooth with tons of sustain. Also a great fendersih clean is a bonus. A classic marshall and modern metal rhythm tone is not needed in this case.
          I listened to some clips wich I found on the net, I was impressed, Santana's tone was pretty much nailed.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Fuchs mods can be had for a little over a $1000 on ebay.

Comment

I'm looking into these myself at the moment, I only hear good things about the cleans.
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Fuchs Amps are made in N.J. check the website .

Comment

Working...
                X