Peavey XXX super 40 EFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XXX super 40 EFX

Does anybody here own this or have played one? I am thinking of picking one up.

Re: Peavey XXX super 40 EFX

Looks pretty neat. If I had to spend $500.00 on a combo I would look at a used Carvin Legacy or a Peavey 5150. You might even be able to get a used JSX combo.
    How do you control the digital effects and the funk wah on this? Tube combo's with built in DSP effects scare me a little.

Comment

John, let me know if you see a 5150 or Legacy for $500! And for a $500 JSX, I would pay $100 for shipping.

I wish I had grabbed one of these while MF was blowing them out. If I ended up not liking it, I'm sure it would be no problem to resell it for $500.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        John, let me know if you see a 5150 or Legacy for $500! And for a $500 JSX, I would pay $100 for shipping.

I wish I had grabbed one of these while MF was blowing them out. If I ended up not liking it, I'm sure it would be no problem to resell it for $500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wish is my command:
        Carvin Legacy

Comment

Damn! $461 for a 5150!! I even have a 5150 search saved in ebay and I missed these. Arrrrgh.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I owned 2 5150 combo's. I paid $450.00 for one and $500.00 for the other. I may have been a little off on the JSX though!
            Another excellent amp to consider for this price is the Carvin MTS3212 combo.

Comment

I love the XXX's! I'd snag a 60 watt combo because of the non-shared EQ on the crunch/clean channels.

I prefer the XXX to the 5150, and I've owned them both.

Comment

Working...
              X