New amp! (vht deliverance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp! (vht deliverance)

So I found a good deal on a used Deliverance 60 and it just got here today; only had a chance to play through it for an hour or so, and not with much volume. I like it alot so far! One channel, 2 gain knobs, a switch to add in another gain stage, presence and damping controls for the power section, and a simple EQ; very much a plug-and-play amp - it was hard to get a bad sound. Super simple, yet everything is interactive so it's gonna take me quite a while to mess with all the possibilities, tone and feel-wise.

Still a bit early to say, but this might convince me to get rid of my VH140C, it does the super-tight death metal thing that well (not to mention much, much, much more.)

So far I'm loving it!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: New amp! (vht deliverance)

Well, I got myself a 50CL recently and can say I"m VERY happy I did. Congratulations on your Deliverance!

Comment

Cool! (ya gear wh*re) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gonna bring 'em next week?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ironically, my quest for reducing my gear-whore-dom has lead me to buying this amp [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I may bring just this one; gonna have to do some more tweaking and playing with it.

Comment

Nice! Can you make it squeal like a pig? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats Eric! Good score.
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Nice grab and welcome to the VHT club..
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Nice! Can you make it squeal like a pig? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I need to borrow a camera so I can get y'all a picture. It shooooore has a purrrdy face, bo-ahhh!

Comment

LMAO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dibs on the VH140C...

Comment

nice. Ive heard there not so gainy. Please let us know what you've found.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        nice. Ive heard there not so gainy. Please let us know what you've found.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        it's got lots 'o gain! more than I can use. (although not as much more than I could use than the engl fireball I had did, if that makes any sense. with the stock tubes I didn't go much beyond 1pm or so on the fireball). because of the two gain pots there's a huge range (the first one adds gain and changes the 'voicing' from thinner and crisper to thicker and fatter, the second one just adds gain). with EMGs it gets into slayer territory in the 'less' setting (one less gain stage), with both gain knobs most of the way up (3pm or so)

(stock picture, not mine

In the 'more' setting, it can do suffocation with no prob. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X