Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for vet metal players out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: question for vet metal players out there.

So many friggin 5150?? What the hell is wrong with you guys??.........I'd suggest a 5150 also.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Why would you need two Powerblocks? It's got three speaker outputs... one for an 8-ohm cab mono, the other two are for 4 ohms (run one 8-ohm cab off of each output). And the two jacks for the effects loop also double as a line in, so you can run both outs of the GNX4 into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you can run the gnx in stereo with 1 block for each cab, 150 watt at 8 ohms per side

300 watt stereo will cut through any mix...lol

Comment

5150-and run the GNX4 through the effects loop for the clean stuff only and use the 5150 distortion ,it will sound better than the GNX4 distortion.
        If you must use the GNX4 distortion then just go with the crate powerblock.
        Oh yeah,a different 4x12 should help his sound also,maybe one rated higher than his head so he'll have more headroom instead of peaking out the Crate 4X12,which I'm sure are great cabs.
        Just My Opinion Though. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

After trying one out tonight, I would recommend you check out the Peavey Valve King.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

5150 is a great idea. If you can shop around, maybe a used single recto (Mesa Boogie) or a good price on a JCM 800 2210 (hard to find a good low price).

The 5150 is a damn good amp, with a great tone for the money. A lot of guys are using them now.

Comment

5150 half stack..a no brainer! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hey these new valve kings sound worthy checking out..much much lower cost than a 5150, but I don't know how it stacks up..import 100 wt dual channel with 6l6s and resonance knob like a 5150..Zeegler test drove one and posted this..

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=0#661123
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                Why would you need two Powerblocks? It's got three speaker outputs... one for an 8-ohm cab mono, the other two are for 4 ohms (run one 8-ohm cab off of each output). And the two jacks for the effects loop also double as a line in, so you can run both outs of the GNX4 into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you can run the gnx in stereo with 1 block for each cab, 150 watt at 8 ohms per side

300 watt stereo will cut through any mix...lol

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, I guess you could do that, too. LOL
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Or this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Ultra-Plus-12...1QQcmdZViewItem

[/ QUOTE ]

Second that. The Ultra Plus is the Triple XXX's immediate predecessor and some feel a lot better than the XXX. I'd rather have one than a 5150, as it has a great clean and more than enough gain. You get great clean, crunch and lead channels for cheap. It'll smoke the BV.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X