Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Valveking - for those who want to know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey Valveking - for those who want to know.

Everyone has the right to protect their patents - I'm just saying that a LOT of stuff that people patent, especially in tube amps has been seen long ago. I guess I see it as company A protecting the information they stole from somewhere else. Not saying that's the case in this, but it's likely. There is very little 'new' under the sun in tube amplification that hasn't been seen before if you dig into the past, especially in the power amp section.

Pete

Comment

LOL, Pete you should here Glen Morris go on a rant about some of the bigger names patenting ideas that weren't theirs to begin with. Since you already mentioned Mesa, I'll tell you that Glen thinks they are the biggest culprit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

well, they are..I agree its been done before but that is how the big fish gets bigger. In another sense...trademark licks, styles get 'borrowed' all the time too. Yngwie took alot of snipets from Blackmore and adaptd on it to incorporating it into making it his 'own'. However, should you say he sounds like Blackmore he'll call ya 'tone deaf'.

Comment

I have an idea for something in that 18watt I'm going to be starting soon that I've never seen in a guitar amp, but I bet it was done in a hifi amp! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            well, they are..I agree its been done before but that is how the big fish gets bigger. In another sense...trademark licks, styles get 'borrowed' all the time too. Yngwie took alot of snipets from Blackmore and adaptd on it to incorporating it into making it his 'own'. However, should you say he sounds like Blackmore he'll call ya 'tone deaf'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but here's the danger: Mesa has tried to patent channel switching. If they had been successful - then say goodbye to *every* amp other than mesa being built with it - no more 2 or 3 or 4 channel amps from any manufacturer unless they paid a ransom to Mesa. Good for Mesa, bad for us - since we'd pay the extra 'licensing fees' that would be charged the manufacturer. Especially since Mesa's first channel switcher came out *after* Dumble's did, and Mesa's early amps had a device called a 'fetron' that was solid state in the front end, much like early Dumbles that predated it... and Dumbles were the first high gain amps... like Mesas.

Wow, and they both were in California not too far from each other either. What amazing coicidences! Also note the Dual Rectifier having more than a passing similarity with the Soldano SLO. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I have an idea for something in that 18watt I'm going to be starting soon that I've never seen in a guitar amp, but I bet it was done in a hifi amp! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Intriguing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

God i need to get down to sound control and play me one of these, might be the cheap tube amp i'm looking for!!

Comment

Working...
                X