Biasing a 5150II... How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biasing a 5150II... How?

My new 5150II has bias test points and an external pot to adjust the bias. How exactly do I go about doing this? Is it a dangerous procedure for someone of average amp/electronics knowledge? Any advice would be helpful as I'd like to be able to rebias it if I decide to change the powertubes.

Re: Biasing a 5150II... How?

i think there is a knob under the grille, but dont quote me on this

Comment

Yep... A pot and two test points. I'm curious about the procedure itself, meter settings, etc...

Comment

Goto Peavey forum and do a search and you will find it. If i remember right it is suppose to be a -55VDC and from there you can adjust it a little more or a little less to your liking.

Comment

The XXX is supposed to be -55ma at the test points, IIRC, but yup, go to formus.peavey.com and search the amps forum.

I was going to say, "well, you have to start young - teach your amp that Jackson and Charvel guitars are the best, and raise it hearing that every day. It will go up to be biased..." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

If you really want to know how your amp is biased you'll need a bias probe. The test points on the back of the Peavey amps don't tell you anything about the bias.
            Jerry
            FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Whoops, I meant 55v. On the xxx.
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
              X