Stilettos for $850 at GC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stilettos for $850 at GC!!

What was full price Sig? Maybe this was a mistake at that particular store? It's not beyond belief that GC could make a pricing mistake like that.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Turns out my local GC (San Jose) can't stock Mesa gear because there's another mesa dealer nearby. This other dealer (Guitar Showcase) was trying to sell them for $1679... what a joke!

Comment

$1679 is no joke...Stores are not at liberty to mess with Mesa prices or they will lose their status as as a Mesa dealer. They can only dip below the set price when Mesa allows it.
        BTW, those GC prices are absolutely amazing. Those amps are killer and worth much more than that...especially when you compare them to other high end amps on the market.

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to find them under 1,500 pounds in the UK..

Comment

It seems only th GC's that are losing mesa are blowing them out. Noramal Price is 1699 for the duace and 1799 for the trident.

Comment

We've got a couple of Duece's in stock. I'd be happy to discount the amp if anyone is interested in buying one.

Matt
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Guys.....I just told you all what was going on, you can stop with the speculation. I should know, I work there!!

Comment

are they actually doing a revision of all the stillettos or are they just making room for the new 50 watt ACE.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    are they actually doing a revision of all the stillettos or are they just making room for the new 50 watt ACE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Revision on all of the Stilettos. Supposedly they're going to tweak the "fluid drive" setting on the amp to allow heavier / thicker distortion as well as do some tweaking to the rest of the amp.

Guitar Center in Kirkland / Totem Lake, WA had the Stiletto's for the inexpensive price. I jammed on the 100 watt version for about 20-ish minutes, some pretty nice clean / crunch sounds out of this amp, didn't really get to crank it to play too much with the high gain setting, but it sounded like a JCM800 with a pedal in front of it but a bit smoother. I want one, but I don't have the cash and I promised myself that if I buy a new amp it'll be a Bogner [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

edit- Also, I talked to the sales person there and he confirmed that it was Mesa Authorized to make room for the new ones. He also said that the pricing is at their cost (not sure if that was the truth though).

Comment

I think officially the President's Day sale starts tomorrow, maybe some places are holding off putting the new prices on until tomorrow.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I have seen other stores locally selling them for $1,299 (Deuce) and $1,399 (Trident) in anticipation of the Series II's but, under $1K is just CRAZY! Definitely under cost YOWSA!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

If anyone can get me a Deuce for the GC prices, PM me, I'll take it. This is like a fantasy land price, it HAS to be under cost. Mesa cost cannot be below a grand on an amp, if it is...wow, talk about mark up!

Comment

lucky bastards. they still want more than 2000 euro over here....2400 to be precise (for a deuce)

Comment

US guitars and amps are motherfucking expensive in europe
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Salesman at GC in Beaverton Oregon told me they are $100.00 below their cost. They still have two left by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X