Stilettos for $850 at GC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stilettos for $850 at GC!!

hey boxcar! your store is shipping me a deuce to the ral store.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

They are regular priced in the Twin Cities.

Comment

Does GC ship to a customer? Or just to other stores? I'd really like to purchase one.

Comment

I just bought one. Well I put it on hold. Still in box. Stupid...
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I bought one, they are going to call me back after they put my card through, and talk to me about shipping it. They said it'd be like 15$ tops, and I'd have it in a day, I'm really considering driving down though

Comment

I don't understand this one bit... I know they are trying to clear old stock but why not at the very least sell at cost?

Comment

Okay, I drove down. Man, am I glad I did. I just got back in the door. They said on the guitar center website, that the one I was going to was 71 miles away. Wrong! It was like 85-90.

Anyway, I played the Duece and the Trident. The Trident by far, if you're getting one, is the amp to get, but let me tell you, if you're looking for a "high" gain amp, this is NOT the amp for you.

Also, this is amusing. I was playing the Duece, and I went to the Trident. The Trident, just wouldn't work. Well, Glenn (a very helpful person) at the store was checking it out...the fucking amp nuked on me!

So he pulls a brand new one out of the box, and says, try this, in any cab, as loud as you want.

I was cranking it out pretty loud (louder is better with this amp) and I came to an assumption.

A; the clean is okay, but it's not that great. The triple rectos clean is way better IMHO.

B; The drive isn't like a Marshall with a pedal infront of it only smoother. My TSL100 I owned had more gain than this. This amp also seemed ratty sounding (so did the Duece).

I did buy 2 monster cables (I said to the guy, hey, I drove 2 hours, may as well buy something!).

Usually ,I wouldn't have much good to say about guitar center, BUT!!!

The sales manager, Glenn, was a very very very helpfull guy. I gave him my card over the phone, but called and said I'd be down, so he never put it through. As I was leaving the store, he said "hey, I think you may want this" and handed me the slip he wrote the info on. He said "you can destroy it" Damn, that was a kind gesture, I mean, he didn't have to.

My past guitar center experiences have NOT been good, but this one was great.

I didn't buy the amp, but they do ship to people. If you want one, get it, but this is definately not the amp for me. Great deal though, but after one crapped out infront of me, I was disheartened, even if I liked the tone, I wouldn't have bought one.

Now, I heard they did the same thing with Roadkings recently too! Man, I missed out on that shit!

Comment

I picked mine up. this is not a high gain amp by any means. Well that isn't true but it has less gain than the Mark IV can kick out but I find all of it usuable. The clean is good not in a fender way which the recto's nail but it just screams Zep to me. Gain level is MOP or an AIC sound. Sad But True was failing but almost there

Comment

I played one last night at the GC in Paramus, NJ. It was a nice amp overall, but it did not convince me into a purchase. If any NJ guys want one, they have at least one of each at the Paramus store as of 8:30 last night.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've had many different Boogies and I like Sambencuda's Deuce Stiletto. It has the perfect amount of gain, its throaty, it cuts through the mix like a knife and it has alot of really cool useable features. It takes a little while to dial one in and they are very reactive to cabinet selection but Jim's sounds fantastic. We do 80's metal and it has plenty of gain for all the stuff we do. I wouldn't recommend it for death metal but I am not really into that sizzly bottom heavy scooped oversaturated death metal tone.
                      Regarding the clean.. again, I think the Deuce Stiletto has a great clean tone. To me, its the perfect amp if you can't decide on whether to get a Marshall or a Mesa Mark IV.

Comment

I saw them in the Paramus store on Saturday, but I'm holding out for a Mark IV.

Comment

Bottom line for me... I would love to snag one of those $850.00 Stiletto's. Anybody want to buy a Vetta HD and Longboard? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

John, what cab is Jim using with his? Or cabs...

Keith
                            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have been using a Mesa Recto cab and it sounds great, but It sounded incredible through a Marshall 1960a with 75 what celestians at our rehearsal space. The recto cab seemed too bottom heavy. I'm trying out a few Genz Benz G flex 2x12's and Slash Marshall 4x12 (thanks to Wayne! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). I also got back a Mesa half back that John had for a while. I haven't tried it yet, but I think that might be a little better suited for the Stiletto than the Recto cab (traditional). I'll probably close off the back if it sounds too loose. I had that problem when I used that cab with my single rectifier although thats a completly different head all together.
                              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Thanks, Jim - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Be interested to hear how the GFlex sounds with the Stiletto - I run my xxx through one.

Keith
                                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X