Stilettos for $850 at GC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stilettos for $850 at GC!!

It sounds great through my 1960 TV cab with greenbacks. I pretty much agree with everything John said on the last page. I like the clean a lot actually more than my Tremoverb now that I think of it. I only played my PRS through it though I am going to try out some other guit's tonight.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I have to agree on the clean. Sounds great to me. The clean on my single recto was unusable IMO. The Stiletto clean channel is great. It does degrade a bit with volume, but not too bad. I really think that these heads need 75 watt celstians to shine.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I was just at the GC on Tropicana here in Vegas. They had two of the Stiletto Deuce's in stock selling for $849. If anyone is interested hear is the number: 702-450-2260
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I have to agree on the clean. Sounds great to me. The clean on my single recto was unusable IMO. The Stiletto clean channel is great. It does degrade a bit with volume, but not too bad. I really think that these heads need 75 watt celstians to shine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you think the recto clean isn't good, but this is. Man, tone is subjective! hahaha.

Ah man, I wish I could have liked this amp, it would have been a deal of the century, but alas, not for me.

Comment

I work at Guitar Center in OKC, just ask for Joe Sveum at 405 810 9191, we have four left and I still have one of each brand new in the box for 849 and 899. Only catch is that you have to live within 90 miles of my store to ship it.
            This space for rent

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I saw them in the Paramus store on Saturday, but I'm holding out for a Mark IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a MK IV combo that will be sitting there for a while I think. I predict that if it's still there by the next big sale... they'll blow it out for $1,400 or so (instead of the $1,800 of so normal).
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Thanks. It's just too much $$ for me. I thought I saw a Mark IV there a while back for about $900. I may have to look used.

Comment

I'm visiting family here in Denver and stopped by guitar center and was able to order one from a different location. I bought blindly but I figure if I don't like it i still have 30 days to return it or I could sell it on ebay and make a few extra bucks.

I have a feeling I gonna dig it though if not I will sell it and get a dual or triple rectifier.
                  Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I went to San Marcos GC last night and the Deuce was green tagged for $850. What's making me think twice is that all the reviews I've read is pointing out that this is not a high gain amp!
                    BUT...one of the reviews on HC is saying that he had it modded at the Mesa store in hollywood for $60. The mod adds more gain to the TITE and FLUID settings and also remove the flubbiness from the FLUID DRIVE. Now, he swears by it.
                    Does anyone know if this mod is true? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Isn't that what they are calliung the Holywood mod?

Comment

Yes, its the Hollywood mod. The price was upped a bit.. $100 for labor, $10 for parts, I believe.

Comment

just picked one up today! haven't had a chance to listened to it yet. i hope everything works on it. if not i'm gonna blame Boxcar Willie since it came from the floor of his GC [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

i won't get to check it out till saturday (no time today and i have a studio session tomorrow night). i think i'll like this amp. i've been waiting fro boogie to make an el 34 based amp since the dual rec came out. but couldn't afford one untill now. (ok so i still really can't afford it) - but i couldn't pass this deal up. it was just too good of an excuse to get what i've always wanted.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I checked a few GCs in north bay, CA. No dice. If anyone spots this deal at any of the GCs in the San Francisco area, let me know! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Riscchip, as much as I'd hate suggesting this amp to anyone. What you can do, is go to your GC, and have them call another GC for them. The guy at the GC I went to, told me that, other stores have been getting them all day.

Comment

Dreamland Rebel that amp should work fine, it was the last one we had but I had it set up thru a 2x12 Mesa cab for a while and it sounded fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X