A lot of Laney AOR questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for you AOR owners who tried an MTS3200

That would be cool if mine was one that they were using. I bought it in Hollywood 15+ years ago, and that's what the guy said (it was from RATT), but you know it's just the usual B.S. story salesmen say. It's got a great tone - that's for sure.

Comment

Wow... Ok I replaced V1 and V4 (first and last in line... right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and what an improvement already! Less noise, more even sound, and more gain. I can't wait until I get the Rubys to complete the preamp, and then change the poweramp! Thanks for all the advise nonamex [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DonP: I never really heard anything from Ratt (eh I was born in 86..) but the amp definitely has that vibe around! It's much grainier than a JCM800 I found.

Comment

I graduated high school in 86'. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          DonP: I never really heard anything from Ratt (eh I was born in 86..) but the amp definitely has that vibe around! It's much grainier than a JCM800 I found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right. I need to pull my head out of the basement and give it a whirl. The combo is in my sons room but it needs work (I have a G12M-25 in it - bad choice).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I graduated high school in 86'. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1984 here.

Comment

Jeeze what am I doing with y'all old geezers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Watch it now! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Born in 87, myself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But!! I listen to alot of Ratt, I have most of their albums on vinyl. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a lot of vinyl still too.

Comment

Born in 1957, YIKES! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Born in 1957, YIKES! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel much younger now!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

So do I!

Oh wait... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mhmm I'm waiting for 2 more preamp tubes (low gain Rubys to keep the volume down) and after that I'll get the power amp tubes and try to bias it myself. You know what happened if I don't ever sign on again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X