Its almost time for the new Soldano??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its almost time for the new Soldano??

So guys, which one should I be looking at? I need 2 channels. One needs to be a real good clean and the other has to be heavy.
    Are there any particular SLO's that are better than others?
    What about the HR50+? It is certainly powerful enough for me.
    I was also thinking about a Splawn head.

Re: Its almost time for the new Soldano??

quote from another thread:
    "I would love to snag one of those $850.00 Stiletto's. Anybody want to buy a Vetta HD and Longboard?"

two words....GEAR WHORE [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    i can hear ya, though [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

sorry, don't know jack about soldano amps....i'd love to try one, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      quote from another thread:
      "I would love to snag one of those $850.00 Stiletto's. Anybody want to buy a Vetta HD and Longboard?"

two words....GEAR WHORE [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      i can hear ya, though [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

sorry, don't know jack about soldano amps....i'd love to try one, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Stiletto would just be for fun. The Soldano is for the serious stuff. Actually, I have too many amps and guitars at the moment... wait... no I don't.

I still need so many more amps.
      The only amp I really don't use at the moment is the Vetta.
      I mainly play out of my mid 80's Carvin X60 at home, my Soldano rack system with my band in NJ and the Vetta with the Connecticut band. My Marshall 3203 and My GT6 rig are for band rehearsal because I never know what the studio has to offer and I am too lazy to lug the Vetta to rehearsal. The are both light.

Comment

It sounds like you're describing the Lucky 13. From Soldano's site:

The LUCKY 13 is basically two amps in one. It is designed for the guitarist who wants the SOLDANO overdrive tone, and also wants a classic “vintage“ super clean tone, both with reverb. Each channel has it’s own tone and reverb controls. The Overdrive channel has preamp and master volume controls. Any level of gain and overdrive is available at any volume level. The Clean channel has a single volume control. This channel is designed to be clean all the way up until the power amp reaches full power and begins it“s warm power tube breakup.
        The LUCKY 13 comes in four configurations: 50 or 100 watts, and as a head or 2x12 combo, so that you can pick a set up that best suits your needs.

Comment

John, buy the SLO rackmount in the classifieds. Stop fooling around, you know you want it.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a Lucky 13 combo. When I first got I did not what to think of it. Pretty basic, two channels, etc. etc.

But the more I play it the more I liked it. Incredible, just incredible glassy sparkly cleans and the overdrive channel tghat while it will not rival a DR or an Uber, it has a solid rock tone.
            A very toneful amp. Sturdy and well built as all heck.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Guys, how much is this rackmountable SLO in the classifieds? I don't have access there....

Comment

It won't do you much good to know the price if you don't know who is selling it. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

akoch... only 14 posts away from access - get off your duff, eh! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Keep posting, newbie! You're almost there... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah but i heard the guy selling the slo rackmount is a real jerk.

Comment

The problem with the Lucky 13 is that it doesn't have an effects loop, unless its been modded. Soldano will do the mod though.

Comment

I need an effects loop. The rack mount SLO is cool but I don't have the money at this exact moment. I am sure that rack mount SLO isn't going to be available when I have the geech.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Guys, how much is this rackmountable SLO in the classifieds? I don't have access there....

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the newb a break - it's 1300.

- Newc

Comment

and the seller is 1959burst.

i am going to burn in hell for this, i know it.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X