Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POD 2.3 across surround sound system.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD 2.3 across surround sound system.....

It rocks! I'm running the POD across an Onkyo receiver with Polk Audio speakers; 4 satellites, a center speaker, and a sub. As an added bonus, I'm running my old wireless unit from 1987-ish so I can walk all around the house and play on the surround.

It took some tweaking to get it to sound like an amp. It was either too bassy, two much midrange, too trebly, or whatever. After about an hour or so I hit the magic tweak. It doesn't sound like stereo or whatever, but it's nice to have the sound coming from all over the room.

Anybody else tried this?

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: POD 2.3 across surround sound system.....

I constantly use my v-amp pro hooked up to my pc via sp-dif, then runs out to my 5.1, sounds awesome! It lacks the punch of a big amp when you wanna get loud, but just jamming and shit it sounds great!

Comment

I cant believe how good my pod 2.0 sounds through my srereo, 200 watt Kenwood power amp, you could take it to gigs and keep up with the loudest drummer, and it sounds like a great amp.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I constantly use my v-amp pro hooked up to my pc via sp-dif, then runs out to my 5.1, sounds awesome! It lacks the punch of a big amp when you wanna get loud, but just jamming and shit it sounds great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. It won't peel the paint off the walls like the Marshall, but it does have a great tone.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I play my Pod 2.0 through my computer and out killer powered monitors....Sounds incredible and PLENTY loud. I have other options(Vetta,Bogners,etc), but I end up using that option most of the time....

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I play my GT6 through a Yamaha 200w surround sound system. It sounds great.

Comment

Working...
            X