Marshall Trash or Treasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Trash or Treasure?

Stopped by a local pawnshop the other day with a buddy of mine to check out some ibanez explorer copy he had his eye on. While he was talking to the shop owner I decided to look around. The shop and a small section in the back where the kept audio equipment, mixers, amps etc. Behind some boxes I found this sucker...

The Last one reads...

05067P

couldn't find too much info really...I was hoping it was a tube combo but it looks like an old Marshall 1x12 Soild State Amp 30 watt (@4 ohms)...

Any expert marshall guys out there that can chime in on this sucker? The store owner wanted $219 for it and i was wondering if it was a good enough deal to turn around and sell

Re: Marshall Trash or Treasure?

Sounds like a 5005 (Lead 12) with some bigger power transistors. Lead 12's go for about $80 - you make the call.

Comment

f.f.f.f.f.f.f.fuck that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the heads up [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]..I never got a chance to plug into it but was hoping turn a possible profit

Comment

Some people really like these. It is a 30 watt 1x12 SS combo from the JCM 800 era, and judging by what handle is on it it is a pretty early one. Jazzman used to slave one of these into a 4 input early '70s Marshall head back in the day. They aren't worth much though. A local dealer had a mint one last year for $150. How much do they want for it? As to the Lead 12 crack, Billy Gibbons has been known to use a lead 12 in the studio for leads, they can sound real good in the right context. For what its worth, one of the best Marshalls I have ever played was a 5210 combo which is a JCM 800 era 50 watt 1x12 SS chanell switching combo.

Comment

Ron DonP

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

3rd pic clearly shows model # 5010 which is what bisch describes

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...ll/5010-1.html
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

05067P

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya flipper [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Ron DonP

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

3rd pic clearly shows model # 5010 which is what bisch describes

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...ll/5010-1.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post again when your not drunk [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
              Don Ron

(I was stating it is LIKE a 5005 with BIGGER OUTPUT TRANSISTORS - I did not SAY it is a 5005 - I could see in the pictures it was a 5010 but 5005's are the closest amp I can make a reference to - and give an estimated price of what 5005's go for - He needs to make the call on if $219 for a 5010 is a good deal or not).

Comment

You said "sounds like" - nice backpedal dude - NOT [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X