Need Poweramp Reccommendatiosn For Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Poweramp Reccommendatiosn For Bass

I bought an Ampeg SVPPRO, and I need a poweramp now, but have no idea where to start or what to look for. <$350 would be preferable.

Re: Need Poweramp Reccommendatiosn For Bass

Just curious.. why would you buy an SVP PRO? You could have bought an SVTPRO which is the preamp and the poweramp all in one package. Usually guys buy an SVP PRO when they already have a poweramp.

Comment

i know, i know. basically, i'm dumb (or cheap, either one works).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I bought an Ampeg SVPPRO, and I need a poweramp now, but have no idea where to start or what to look for. <$350 would be preferable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less than 350 new is tough (Don't know about used). The band I am in uses a Behringer EP2500 in our PA and it has worked well. They are 300 bills. Power ratings running it stereo are: 450 watts at 8 ohms, 650 watts at 4 ohms and 1200 watts at 2ohms per channel. Bridged it is 1300 watts @ 8ohms and 2400 @ 4 ohms. Behringer gets slammed alot, but the research I did showed that their amps have worked and held up well.
        "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Less than 350 new is tough (Don't know about used). The band I am in uses a Behringer EP2500 in our PA and it has worked well. They are 300 bills. Power ratings running it stereo are: 450 watts at 8 ohms, 650 watts at 4 ohms and 1200 watts at 2ohms per channel. Bridged it is 1300 watts @ 8ohms and 2400 @ 4 ohms. Behringer gets slammed alot, but the research I did showed that their amps have worked and held up well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should have been more clear. I am interested in new or used.

Comment

Okay, how about Peavey CS800's or, whatever they're called? A few of the used websites I browse seem to have them and speak very highly of them.

Comment

dude. get a QSC rmx 1450. our bass player uses one and it is awesome. any guitar center would let you have it $399 out the door.

Comment

I used two Peavey CS800s..they are great old 80's poweramps..Rudo Szarzo used them forever back in the day..I powered two of the biggest bass cabs in the world..two Peavy 3210s..They each had 2 18" black widow..and 2 10's scorpions in each..they are HUGE!

But MY favorite bass gear..and MOST dependable will always be Carvin..I owned three red eye stacks and One old Pro bass stacks..

I also owned both classic 70's classic Ampeg SVT w the 8 10 cab...and the SVT II with a 4 10/1 18..stack

also a Gk 800 RB with Guild Hartke XL cabs..those were CRAP!

I would check into Carvin..if I were you..!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I highly reccomend Carvin..I want to buy another Red Eye Stack..this would be my fourth!!

Carvin bass gear just RULE..especially for the money!!!

I can't praise them enough!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've got one of those svp-pros, those are great! It's probably cheaper to buy that and a good power amp than an svt.
                  I run mine through a Stewart Audio 1.6 (1600w at 4ohms bridged mono). Eden recommends (or used to anyway) recommend Stewart power amps, they're really great. The best thing is that they are exremely light weight. Before I had that I used an Audio Centron (ampeg/crate company), that worked quite well, and those are low priced.
                  I see that BassNW has a Crest for $399 http://www.bassnw.com/usedamps.htm

You can use any power amp to get you by.

Maybe mine is an older one, but I seem to need a slightly higher line output to my power amp, and lately I've been running the svp into a small mackie mixer to boost the signal, then into the power amp.

Check around for used QSC's and Mackies, both are very nice, but very heavy.

Comment

Working...
                  X