Amp Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp Suggestions?

Yeah, I guess I'm married to my jcm800 also. I would like a 50 watt someday though! Damn 100 watt and road case weigh a TON!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      However what this guy is looking for will get him the tone, but channel wise it does not have it, and for the money he could get better in my opinion.
      What he is looking for i would say his best options are the bogner XTC, or the Tri-amp or a 5150-II

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmmm I don't think he will find a Bogener XTC for $1750 unless it's beat up real bad.

The dual channel Quick Rod has got more gain than I think anyone would ever need. It's way over the top. I'm running my gain at about 10 O:Clock on the third gear and it will chew you a new A-Hole! The only thing It doesn't have is a super clean sound. It's a Marshall clean sound that breaks up a bit but not too bad. It's very usable. You may want to get some feedback from other users as well Rupe. Here's a link to the Splawn Forum: http://splawnfans.proboards38.com/index.cgi?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        However what this guy is looking for will get him the tone, but channel wise it does not have it, and for the money he could get better in my opinion.
        What he is looking for i would say his best options are the bogner XTC, or the Tri-amp or a 5150-II

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmmm I don't think he will find a Bogener XTC for $1750 unless it's beat up real bad.

The dual channel Quick Rod has got more gain than I think anyone would ever need. It's way over the top. I'm running my gain at about 10 O:Clock on the third gear and it will chew you a new A-Hole! The only thing It doesn't have is a super clean sound. It's a Marshall clean sound that breaks up a bit but not too bad. It's very usable. You may want to get some feedback from other users as well Rupe. Here's a link to the Splawn Forum: http://splawnfans.proboards38.com/index.cgi?

[/ QUOTE ]

He actualy said he has a spending rage of 1.5K to 4K.

If he truly wants to spend more then he can go with the diezels in that price range. However i found the bogners sounded better, however the Diezels were alot more quiet, however the XTC has the standby right on the footswitch so between songs, just tap into standby

Comment

Working...
        X