Marshall JCM "Slash" Signature Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM "Slash" Signature Head

Just bought one...WOW! I highly recommend it. Best Marshall sound I've heard in years.

Re: Marshall JCM \"Slash\" Signature Head

That has the same circuitry as a Silver Jubilee, correct?

Comment

One of my heroes, The Pete of the Bouncing Souls has used one of these in conjunction with an old 70s JMP head for years, with a Les Paul Custom plugged straight in. There has always been a special place for the Slash head with me.

Comment

Congrats man, that is the ONLY Marshall I have ever loved. I've liked their sound, but I love the sound of that model. Been tryin to find one forever here, but they just either get insanly expensive or just don't pop up

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Now 19 years old (1987)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Now 19 years old (1987)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. White - your just finding this out now? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Congrats man, that is the ONLY Marshall I have ever loved. I've liked their sound, but I love the sound of that model. Been tryin to find one forever here, but they just either get insanly expensive or just don't pop up

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

I had the short head, actually silver version and it did sound kick ass, kinda upset i sold it. But you know i love 2204 with a pedal in front, you pretty much get the same sounds.

Comment

Ugh! I want one so bad. Always have, but it's just not in the budget right now. I'd take a 2555, 2550, 2553 or a newer Slash like yours. It's seems like when I have no money, I find them fairly reasonable. When I can spend they are through the roof.

Congrats!
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I paid $1,225.00 shipped. I don't even know the going rate for these, just glad I got it at all. My buddy who has 4 {yes 4} Diezels was speechless when he played it. I'm loving it...

Comment

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. I've seen them go for more. The originals(silver more than black) seem to be going for $1500 and higher for the 2555's, but it's such an unpredictable market on these. I was wqatching a silver 2555 on eBay a while back that ended up going for $1000. I thought that was cheap.

You did good IMO.
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Oh yah, you did very good. I've never seen one go for that price these days, even more congrats to ya [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i had one of the slash heads, honestly the silver i had sounded better, but that could also be because the silver version of the 50 watt head had new tubes where the slash had originals. I think i sold mine for about 1250, if you dont have the cover and paper work that is roughly what they go for.

Comment

Working...
                          X