Nice 2x12 vs Cheap 4x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 2x12 vs Cheap 4x12

Both of these weigh about the same which is why I've chosen them. I'm going to get either an Avatar 2x12 or a Crate compact 4x12. They cost the same. What will sound better? Using a Soldano Astroverb playing hard rock and power metal type stuff. Rock on

Re: Nice 2x12 vs Cheap 4x12

The 4 x 12 will sound better. Why??? Because the Astroverb is a little weak on the bottom end and the 4 x 12 will help the thump factor out. I think the Avatar 2 x 12 will be a little too bright. A better choice would be to use a Mesa Boogie cab. Even a 1 x 12 3/4 back cab. Mesa cabinets are darker and bottom heavy. Perfect for the Astroverb.

Comment

i use a 1x12 3/4 back mesa with an EVM for my astroverb. PERFECT cab and speaker for that amp. that 1x12 sounded better with it than my marshall 4x12.

BTW, mine is a "wide body" cab too.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hmm the 1x12 is interesting I never would have thought of that. Did you guys use it with a head or combo? I have the 1x12 so maybe it would be cool with both speakers going. Can Mesa stuff be bought online or do I have to go to GC?

Comment

my astroverb is a head. mesa can't be bought online. their dealership rules forbid it. you'll have to go to a store. you can always do ebay.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Well it turned out Matt's music had 2 used ones in the store. I drove down and bought one a couple hours ago. It sounds good so far

Comment

cool!!
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
              X