No announcement yet.

is a Triaxis really worth the money???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is a Triaxis really worth the money???

[ QUOTE ]
    But it doesn't do the hi-gain recto tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

Comment

Hmmmm. There is some goof info here. I will give the MP-1 a chance. Whats the word on the MP-2? Was that any better/worse?

As far as the Triaxis goes, I'm still going to try one. I may pick one up at Daddies, tweak with it for a week and if I'm not impressed, I can return it.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Everything I've ever read about the MP-2 comes from MP-1 users, and it usually goes something like this: "Why did they make the MP-2? I can't touch the MP-1."

BTW - Iron Maiden are JMP-1 users. I'm pretty sure it's the same with JP.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

But it doesn't do the hi-gain recto tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

and thats not a bad thing either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

The TriAxis is the be all end all preamp for me. I had an MP-1, Piranha, and still have some others and I always come back to the TriAxis. I will admit it was a better deal a few years back at $1,349 (as opposed to the $1,749 it is now) but, the same could be said about the JMP-1 at $1,100 now as opposed to $700 a few years back.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I had a triaxis for about 5 years. I was never totaly happy with the tone of the thing. Very dark and muddy sounding. I tried many different 12ax7 tubes in it and the EH 12ax7 were the best imo. I sold it and dont regret or miss it at all. Selling it was the best thing I did. You will end up spending more time trying to get the tone you want from it than playing guitar. If I were you I would look a different direction.

Comment

The tri-axis is most definitely worth the dough. I used one for 4 years and it was awesome. very reliable,versitile and sounds amazing. it's not plug and go for sure. you gotta tweak on it for ahwile but it's well worth it. amazing pre amp. i ran mine with a 2:90.
                only got rid of it because everyone else i was playing with was using boogies and i've never felt that 2 boogies sound all that great together.

Comment

I have been a Triaxis user for 10 years and I love it. I use a simul 2:90 poweramp and it can get extremely bright if needed. The thing about the triaxis is to not use extreme gain and EQ settings. they are very interactive.
                  Screamin'

Comment

Jim, Try a Triaxis and let us know your thoughts. When I had mine I did an A/B with a Marshall JMP-1 and Rocktron Piranha and the Mesa was very noisy. If you like the Mesa sound you may want to check into a Quad Pre-amp if you don't need 100 presets. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X