My set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My set up

Hey guys here the new and improved set up i have.

ADA MP-1
    Marshall JCM900 2100
    Peavey 5150 cab
    Boss NS-2

The guitar of my dreams [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: My set up

Very cool setup and a 1 Hum guitar too boot!! Tone heaven. Nice stuff. Jack.

Comment

So are you just using the JCM to power the ADA?

Comment

Yeah that's right, putting it through the effects loop. It get's a little noisy with out the noise surpressor so the surpressor is always on. But the tone it gives is really worth it [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

what is that guitar?? i've never seen a 1 hum ibanez before...

Comment

kinda smells like alex skolnick [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            ibanez->ada mp1->jcm900 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            although iirc alex runs his ada through the front rather than the fx loop

Comment

Haha, that's opposite of me. I'm running a 5150 II through a 1960A JCM 900.
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                kinda smells like alex skolnick [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                ibanez->ada mp1->jcm900 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                although iirc alex runs his ada through the front rather than the fx loop

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It's far too noisy through the input, i don't know how he managed to get a useable tone from the way he did it.

The guitar is an Ibanez UV neck with a custom Alder body from Feline Guitars (www.felineguitars.com) it sounds and plays just as good as it looks.
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Looks good Steve. I get to try my MP-1 through my JCM900 for the first time tonight. I haven't got a suppressor yet though, could be interesting :-)
                  www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Here's another

93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Mount a door stop to the side of the cabinet - that'd rock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And are you guys sure Alex ran his through the front? Seems to me it would be way too noisy, and a Gate would have to be set to kill sustain.

Or was he just using the ADA like a stomp box? Getting the primary tone from the Marshall but boosting for solos with the ADA?
                      Seems kinda tarded to go that way, but.....
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool!!

Comment

if you guys MP-1's are noisy (I know they all are) but if they're noisier than they should be, replace the filter caps on the tube board. Those things are old now man. Maybe those caps are breaking down? This was recommended to me so I tried it on mine. It made a large improvement.

Comment

Working...
                          X