Zakk Wylde Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk Wylde Sound

just wanting to know how zakk get his sound in the "no More tears" song????

Re: Zakk Wylde Sound

les paul, emg's, marshall 2203, clean boost in front.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Isn't his 2203 heavily modded?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

yeah, it is. but then again, in order to sound just like zakk you'd have to be zakk anyways, so i guess using a stock 2203 isn't going to hurt a lot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        btw, stay away from the zakk wylde signature head, get the real deal from the early 80s....81-83 are the best, you can tell it's an early one by looking at the inputs. vertical=old horizontal=newer
        btw, he's also using 6550 power tubes instead of el34s

Comment

I thought he didn't use a Marshall on those 2 albums w/ Ozzy. I thought it was Metaltronix or whatever.

Comment

as far as i know, he's never actually used the metaltronix stuff....but then again i'm no zakk wylde expert, so you might be right. i just was under the impression that his metaltronix endorsement was just that, an endorsement [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

what is a clean boost, and are those active pickups?

Comment

On those records he used a Boss Super Overdrive into a 800, at least thats what I read.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  yeah, it is. but then again, in order to sound just like zakk you'd have to be zakk anyways, so i guess using a stock 2203 isn't going to hurt a lot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  btw, stay away from the zakk wylde signature head, get the real deal from the early 80s....81-83 are the best, you can tell it's an early one by looking at the inputs. vertical=old horizontal=newer
                  btw, he's also using 6550 power tubes instead of el34s

[/ QUOTE ]

6550's are the way, still get the marshall tone with alot better of a bottem end.

I have also heard he basically uses a very early 2203 that has been heavy modded, it is beat to hell and sits off to the side of the stage.

I also heard that he did use metaltronics for the no rest for the wicked and for the no more tears album, but you never truly know.

Comment

Aside from his amps, chorus is obviously a big factor.

Comment

And a wah.

Comment

and drink lots of brew and don't shave. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

And Roto vibez

Comment

I think a big part of Zakk's sound that a lot of people skip over is the 200 watt EV speakers in his cabinets...higher wattage speakers like that give it a little bit more of a hi-fi sound where all the distortion is coming from the amp....

Comment

yep. i use those speakers and it really is the secret weapon to achieving his tone. i can get VERY close with my rivera m-100 and EV loaded cabs when i play my friends gibson (not epi) zakk guitar.
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X