2101 upgrade and repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2101 upgrade and repair.

I have a Digitech 2101 that has been sitting broken for a little while. Does anyone have a email/web address for a person/company that does the upgrade and repair for this unit? Does digitech actually fix these things anymore?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Re: 2101 upgrade and repair.

Hey Nate,

Digitech will repair it! They were going to charge me $80 plus the shipping for it over there.
    The nearest place that I know that could repair it and install the upgrades is Musicians Service Center here in San Jose http://www.musicianservice.com/pages/1/index.htm

You will need to purchase the upgrades first though. Best bet for the Artist upgrade and the second S-Disc is Ebay. I have seen the Artist updates go on average for about $40, but the S-Discs go from $200-$300 [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Sometimes Digitech's online store has the Artist upgrades, but i am not sure how much they were!!!!
    Here is a website that has a ton of info about the different updates that were done to the 2101 over the years
    http://home.arcor.de/pirat28/sites/gsp2101main.htm
    The guy that runs the website is from Germany and Digitech actually threatened him because he was making and selling the updates. He actually has the process of how to make your own S-Disc on the webpage. I went to another webpage with more info, but I can't find it now. Anyway, what is wrong with your 2101? Do you know what version it is?

Jeremy

Comment

Re: 2101 upgrade and repair.

I got the second s-disk in there already. The problem is that "The lights are on. But, nobody is home" Basically no characters in the display, no audio.

As for the version, I dont know. I need to get it repaired first =) But, thanks for the info. That place is pretty close to where I live now(actually, right down the street from me.) I owe you a beer =)

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
      X