Peavey XXX 60 watt combo/ Price drop at MF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey XXX 60 watt combo/ Price drop at MF

Ah, yes Ron, you're right.. it'll be tuesday.
    Sweet deal, works for me!

Comment

I've never played these but am looking for a good 1x12 combo. How is the clean channel? There are lots of good things said about the high gain channel but the clean is equally important to me. Nobody local carries them to try out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I've never played these but am looking for a good 1x12 combo. How is the clean channel? There are lots of good things said about the high gain channel but the clean is equally important to me. Nobody local carries them to try out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The clean channel is excellent.

Comment

The amp has arrived!
          I have not had a lot of time to log into it today, but so far so good.
          I'm actually liking the Crunch channel slightly better than the Ultra so far (depending which axe I'm using though... the pickups make a huge difference!). It has a nice clear, heavy punch to it... the Ultra channel is on the borderline of being too much distortion.. if you keep it just under control it sounds sweet but it can also go to mush if you're not careful.

I can tell you one thing.. this is a LOUD beast. I haven't even turned it up anywhere near half as high as it goes and it gets too loud for the apartment. And it sounds sweet!

I can't comment on the clean channel just yet.. admittedly I don't know how to tweak it too well. So far my impression on that is that it sounds like ass with a bridge pup and pretty nice with the neck pup.

I haven't had the chance to really open her up, but already this combo on its own sounds noticeably better to me than my XXL. BTW I tried running the amp to the 4x12 cab and it sounds SUPER sweet. However I'm not entirely sure yet if I am going to keep the cab.... sure makes a monstrous half stack though.

Comment

Working...
          X