Clear All

• Suggest an order

In what order should I put my rackmount:

Preamp
    Sonic Maximizer
    Tuner
    G-Major
    Parametric EQ

I'm just wondering if anyone has a magic signal path that might work better than the way I am running it now.

Re: Suggest an order

Guitar into
    Tuner into
    Preamp into
    EQ into
    G-Major into
    Sonic Maximizer into amp

You can also go into the G-Major first (I don't recommend it, but some here do). I'd do it like the above.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

IF you have any extra outs on your preamp..I would suggest not having your tuner in your signal path.
      -Michael

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        IF you have any extra outs on your preamp..I would suggest not having your tuner in your signal path.

[/ QUOTE ]

+100 they are tone coffins.

Depending on the preamp, ditch the BBE too... They only work magic on a handful of amps that I have found. makes most sound artificially crapful.

Comment

Cool...Thanks!

Comment

I agree with Vander & Cleveland Metal's suggestions wholeheartedly! If you don't have a tuner out (not in the signal path) connection then, I'd suggest getting a Peterson Strobostomp and set it to true bypass mode. I was going to buy 2 rack tuners for both my setups and ended up getting the Peterson which works with ALL of my setups (heads and combo included).

The G-Major doesn't have Parametric EQ onboard? Maybe you should look into an Xpression... I have 2 of those and they come with para.

My racks are SUPER simple:

Preamp
            Xpression
            Power amp

With a power conditioner in the rack case and the strobostomp in between preamp and guitar.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I am pretty sure it has an EQ, although I have never been able to navigate to it. After all the raving about Rane para EQ's I went and picked up a cheap PE-15 to try out. So far so good.

Comment

+1 on the Strobostomp.

Comment

Weird, maybe I need to do some closer listening but I think my amp sounds about the same going through my TU-2 as it does without

Comment

Ditch the extra tuner there's one in the G-major as well as an EQ
                    I believe you access the Para EQ through the noise gate button .Press twice and scroll to EQ

Comment

Working...
                    X