ADA MP-1 - Settings 'n Such...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1 - Settings 'n Such...

Any one have any suggested Settings for an ADA MP-1 I picked mine up from a bro here and I'm looking to experiment around. I went to the ADA Depot forum or whatever, and it seems that people aren't to keen at sharing patches there, and the few areas I found where patches were shared usually involved totally scooping out the mids, and we ran couple today and they sounded like complete and utter shit.

Clean, rhythm, or lead stuff, whatever. Feel free to share them. I'll write down my settings at next practice and post them here.

Re: ADA MP-1 - Settings \'n Such...

Sorry, I don't have it anymore (and regret it), but I recall the VH patch from the users manual was a very good start there. Just tweaking it a bit from there.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Sorry, I don't have it anymore (and regret it), but I recall the VH patch from the users manual was a very good start there. Just tweaking it a bit from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

All right, I'll have to check that out. My bandmate had an MP-1 about two years ago he and I dialed in some tones real quick, I'll admit, I by passed the manual all together.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

check here mate:

http://www.jb-2000.net/database/proz...?browse=browse

I've used these as more of a guide to get the tone i like rather than just copying.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yeah, but there are some crazy settings on that page... Some guy has his mids set at -12 and then in the extra notes he says "cut mid with parametric Eq." Talk about scooped!

Comment

That's true, but like i said, use them as a guide and you'll find your own tone in no time at all
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

i'm still wondering about this preamp....are they on par with or even better than the marshall jmp1?
              early testament alex skolnick lead tone is to die for....

Comment

Well with the JMP-1, you only get Marshall amp voicings. So it's pretty limiting if you want more than the marshall sound. The ADA mp-1 can do all kinds of things and it's easy to mod, giving even more tones. I've also heard bad things about the JMP-1 being unreliable.
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

"I've also heard bad things about the JMP-1 being unreliable. "
                  well....the jmp1 i'm using has yet to give me any problems, so i can't really second that statement....yet?

as i already said in the other thread, i think the 5150 head does an awesome job as far as thrash metal rhythm sounds are concerned....i wonder if the mp1 kicks ass as far as this style is concerned? as i said, testament lead tone is to die for, but then again, that's alex skolnick playing...that guy's fingers are pure magic IMHO. their rhythm tone used to be quite overgained and fizzy....once again IMHO

Comment

JMP-1 dont compare to an MP-1 IMHO. Run an EQ & BBE after the MP-1 and your in tone heaven. However, I just picked up a Peavey Rockmaster and it is unbelievable(same preamp used in xxx & JSX).........

Comment

"JMP-1 dont compare to an MP-1 IMHO. Run an EQ & BBE after the MP-1 and your in tone heaven"
                      well, i don't have to run anything with my jmp1 (other than a poweramp of course) to get a decent sound. i could live with a BBE, but i'm way too lazy to deal with EQs and stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

JMP-1 is a good unit, but my god those things are overpriced now. I picked up one used for $500 about 10 years back and sold it for even less once I discovered the Rocktron Piranha. I was shocked when I saw what they are selling for these days...

Comment

I've played owned them both and I give my vote to the MP-1. I liked the JMP-1, i won't knock it, but just not as much as I liked the ADA (with or without A BBE...it does wonders for both).
                          Inearthed...what kind of tones are you looking for? I may be able to help you out. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                          X